What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muhahahahahahahaa! HALLOWEEN IS COMMING!!

Hi everyone, its that special time of the year again!
That special time of year that fills your Hearts, bodies and Minds with.....
FEAR! ..what else!?!? Lol!

I thought id make a thread to see if anyone is dressing up this year or doing anything SPOOK-tacular!?! (I kno im cheesy as heck!)

As someone who designs and hand sews their costume every year i thought id see if others do the same and would like to share what their wearing, or what their kids are wearing this year.. Anything spooky and fun they've done to their backyards or homes ..etc..etc

Feel free to post photos of you in costume or pix of what your making and give ideas and offer help to those who need some inspiration in decorating or creating a one of a kind display or costume this year! Pics of your spooky backyard or the front of your house where trick or treaters will go to get their candy!

Anything spooky, strange, fun and unique !!

Share what makes YOUR Halloween so Fun and Scary!
Or help others in making theirs spooky for their neighbours and the kids !

Im being an anime character this year, Yami (from: 2 love-ru)
Im hand sewing and designing the costume ill give updates and post photos of my bleeding fingers...errr...ummm, my costume in the works, lol!

Share what puts the SCARE and FUN in yr Halloween below!

348407705797ae4c15c4637e7a66e1bb.jpg

Spooky skull with shrimps?

Anyone carving pumpkins this year with or without the kids if you have any in yr family? Share away ppl :)

My family always avoided Halloween like the plague. I'm into the dark part I just don't like people treating such serious and dark subject matter as childish and playful. Kids should not be Involved, it should be an adult Holiday.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

My family always avoided Halloween like the plague. I'm into the dark part I just don't like people treating such serious and dark subject matter as childish and playful. Kids should not be Involved, it should be an adult Holiday.

Just my two cents.

Now THIS is going to be interesting. *fires up the popcorn maker*

Turns away from everyone, chuckles and rolls his eyes

I dont like Halloween much, it was never very fun to me. I dont think Ive even given out candy for the past couple of years lol

Lol Halloween isnt based off of something dark and morbid. I live in salem im over all the BS witch stuff (my aunt is lorie cabot) twice removed..for a reason Hahahaa! I follow Halloween like day of the dead i trail candy, flowers and gifts and food from my home to the grave yard to lead my family and friends back home ... And have an alter for my family and friends to gather and eat and drink and have fun!
But that's just me.. I don't kno if others do that

Halloween is when the spirits (or fairies) could more easily come into our world and are particularly active.The souls of the dead are also said to revisit their homes. Places are set at the dinner table or by the fire to welcome them. Its mostly The belief that the souls of the dead return home on one night or day of the year and celebrate! Carved pumpkins "jack-o'-lanterns", is said to represent a soul who has been denied entry into both heaven and hell and is also used to scare guisers and spirits from malicious activity during this time of the year.

Last edited:
Aww sashoke ur welcome to spend all hallows eve with me any time u come to MA I'll show u some fun :D

Imo, halloween is the best holiday. I personally hate the childish side. Its just lame and unfun.
Every year I deck my yard out like a haunted house. If it looks cheesy, its not going in the yard.
I wish more people got into it because it would be so much more of an awesome holiday, but nobody
Buys in, which is half the reason its usually lame. Anyways, sash youre asking to get your house egged hehe

Lol. I always try to make my house look scary. I have this huge life sized cut out of Elvira and i put it in the front window and stuff clothes with stuff and hang them cover them with blood and make their entrails hang out ..etc..etc and do other fun creepy things. My whole thing is halloween isnt as scary for the kids as it used to be. Its all about dressing up in the least clothes and parading around drunk. What ever happened to the haunted houses that were REALLY scary? And the tricks with the treats? And the day b4 Halloween when everyone causes mischief and has fun! I like the old days of halloween the new age isnt as fun and scary as it used to be.

What ever happened to the haunted houses that were REALLY scary? I like the old days of halloween the new age isnt as fun and scary as it used to be.

Thats my house. 20 years in the running now, and it slowly gets better. Too bad it took so long to get there.
We set up a graveyard every year, and I try to make professional quality props. Realistic corpses, authentic
looking decor, etc. Stand in the yard among the dummies and corpses to scare even the teenagers off my lawn.
I may take pictures, But I know it wont do justice. (Granted, I put WAY too much time and effort into this holiday. More of an obsession)

However kat, I completely agree with you. It just isnt as fun and scary as it once was. I think its a dying holiday,
And i just wish that everybody would grab hold of the Halloween spirit and bring it back. This year is trying to make a comeback however on my block.
(Anyways, I can see why) Halloween is the most expensive holiday, also the most difficult to setup for. To have it looking cool alteast.
You have to spend a minimum of atleast 150$ to even have a good startup, but if you ask me, its the most creative DIY holiday there is,
and most people just arent cool or scary enough to take part.

I plant landmines... anyone who's lucky enough to make it to my front door gets a bountiful treasure of dental floss and toothpaste. ;)

As a bonus, the dismembered body parts lying everywhere save me from having to decorate.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyways, sash youre asking to get your house egged hehe

I live in a good area, I dont think anything like that has ever happened before in my neighborhood for the 16 years Ive been here.

I live in a good area, I dont think anything like that has ever happened before in my neighborhood for the 16 years Ive been here.

well them im going to show up on your dark porch, beg for candy, and when nobody answers some eggs are getting thrown.

and kronos, thats an absolutely genius setup, all for NOTHING! :ohno: (toothpase)

well them im going to show up on your dark porch, beg for candy, and when nobody answers some eggs are getting thrown.

Bring Nepenthes if you want me to open the door. :p

Back