What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving to Fort Lewis, Washington!!!

Hiya everyone!

So, the Army is going to be placing me in (by my choice) Fort Lewis, WA which is southwest of Tacoma and North East of Olympia. From what I can see it looks to be a CP haven for growing, but I could be wrong. Shows zone 8-9 I think from what I can gather. Humidity decent. Lower on the sun though and higher on the overcast and rainy lol.

Anyone able to clue me in a bit better? Greenhouse use? Winter care? I will be there in December.

Thanks all!!!

Dave - i dont live too far from Fort Lewis, i can give you all the info and explanations you will need on care and maintenance for highland nepenthes, and temperates that i can, in person up here if you would like...even show you my set ups and get you started on a few things ;P

we are Zone 8b, by the way.

Sounds like a great plan. Would love to meet someone in person who enjoys these like me. My wife...Not so much haha.

Do you use a greenhouse at all? I have that small one I will be taking.

indeed i do have a greenhouse...
there are a few of us in the area who grow carnivores, and i can introduce you to a couple of them.
Swampdonkey, here on the forums comes up and visits me once in awhile and there are a couple of others around :p

Washington?.......TIME TO GET A RAJAH! :-O

Or a D.Regia, or N villosa, or a Cobra lily...

Years later... or a N Hamata or a N lowii...

Awww man! Just when i thought Indiana was on the up and up. We lose a fellow grower to Washington.

You'll be in good company though EverDave.

Lol thanks guys. I appreciate it. Wish they sold silica sand in smaller bags haha

Back