What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moss Better Grow

Hi Everyone, Just asking a question. Has anyone used Better Grow Moss, sold at Home depot and lows? It says for orchids and such. Think it is okay with our Carnivorous plants?

Thanks
Jim

Hi Everyone, Just asking a question. Has anyone used Better Grow Moss, sold at Home depot and lows? It says for orchids and such. Think it is okay with our Carnivorous plants?

Thanks
Jim

Yup...I've used it, and it works just as good as any other brand of LFS...it's pretty good quality as a matter of fact.

This?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202184438&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=202184438&ci_kw={keyword}&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-28-_-202184438&ci_gpa=pla&locStoreNum=2807

It's simply dried long fiber sphagnum moss, perfect for CPs! :)

I shred it and use it in place of peat in most potting mixes. After a couple months of being wet and under bright light and relatively mild temps (not too hot) the dead moss will come back to life.

If you need larger quantities check out garden center / florist / hydroponics shops who usually have it in 1 and 2 kilo bales.

Yes that is the stuff, I will shred it up and use it. Thanks for the info.!! Was thinking to use it with the ceph's and pitcher plants (Nepenthes )

Cheers

Jim

Doesn't work as good as say.. Mass Brand Live LFS, but it's sufficient. :awesome: Why not go with some quality live LFS?

actually i've found better grow to be better than the cheaper one usually plunked right next to it from Mosser Lee

Yup! I actually bought like 6-7 bags of it last time I saw it becuase it has become hard to find in canada. I personally like this stuff as it seems to last longer and isn't Nuked and bleached like some of the stuff I got on ebay.

Back