What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Welfare for Wallstreet

Note that I said "lazy" and not disabled.

A little reading comprehension there...

hehe.........

I know. It just felt like saying that.

Bump. The bailout did not pass.

At a news conference in the Capitol, Ms Pelosi said: "Until they show us the plan, we cannot show them the money."
Thats one quote I could find, though I think the republicans had it right this time and that these industries need to change.
So, no blank checks for the auto industry. I think some form of suport will pass in time, but no blank check is good.

I think some form of suport will pass in time, but no blank check is good.
They'll get money. IMHO, the real questions are: How much? When? What strings (which will be largely ignored anyway)? & How many times do they get to dip into the well?

The 'made-for-media' moment was when one congressman asked how many of the execs flew to the hearings via commercial airlines - - followed by "Let the record show that no hands were raised" .... :-))

And the saga continues...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=arEE1iClqDrk

U.S. Pledges Top $7.7 Trillion to Ease Frozen Credit

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. government is prepared to provide more than $7.76 trillion on behalf of American taxpayers after guaranteeing $306 billion of Citigroup Inc. debt yesterday.

140hymc.gif

Back