What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini Terrarium

Hi I have a mini greenhouse terrarium about 4 square inches and 3 to 4 inches tall. There is no ventilation when I put the top on. And it does not drain. What can I grow in this can anyone help me with some recommendations?
Thanks!

Most terrestrial Utricularia will be fine in there, but they'll fill it up quickly.

Thanks! What soil combination should I use in such a small container? Are those found anywhere local or carnivores stores specifically?

I haven't ever seen Utricularia at any local garden stores, though they're pretty frequently available (depending on the species) from places that specialize in carnivorous plants. I'd recommend 50/50 peat/some sort of aggregate, whether that is perlite or sand, etc. You could probably use pure peat as well for the easy ones like U. sandersonii. The commonly available terrestrials aren't picky and like mucky conditions so a closed container is fine.

Back