What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mini fans?

boxofrain

does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
I am wantinmg to put some circulation in my HL N. light cart.
Is there a particular fan Y'all prefer over others?
I intend on placing a pan of water securely above the lights and allow natural evaporation to raise the humidity. Two fans, to ensure against one failing.

I personally use regular 120mm Computer Case Fans. You just have to splice the wires and attach it to a cell phone charger.

Here is a link to how to do it.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99119

Make sure the amps on the charger are less than that list on the fan.
Or you can just buy one of these from Radio Shack, it has a plug for the wall. Much easier and has good reviews.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102825#inTheBox

This statement is incorrect, make sure the amps on the charger exceed that of the load... For continous duty I would also want at least a 10% safety margin.

Av

Thanks for the links and info.
My buddy has a computer business...with a box full of PC fans, and another full of phone chargers. I will be putting a couple of these together this weekend.
My new Nep's should arrive today!:banana2:

This statement is incorrect, make sure the amps on the charger exceed that of the load... For continous duty I would also want at least a 10% safety margin.

Av

Guess I had a brain fart ???

Great find amphirion. The power supply alone (selectable voltage) at wally world or radio shack cost about the same as that whole setup.

YES! That nano cube is exactlty what I would like.
I'm gunna order those instead of building them.:hail:

I'm using 9191K1 right now but that little nano cube fan looks FAR superior, and cheaper! I may make the switch...

Back