What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mars approach

I'm not entirely certain, but I think the International Dark Skies Association is out of Tucson. So that would make Tucson their pilot city. At any rate, consider yourself very lucky to have that. Tucson has great skies; it would be a shame to ruin it.

Cx

Here is an event listing for Northern California. Their is a pretty good amount of information here. Let me know if you might like to meet at one of these events.

http://www.whiteoaks.com/jane/Mars/

Cx

You guys can always go to Mt. Tampalpas over by the Golden Gate. It should be high enough to get a view of the night sky without the city lights. Or Mt. Diablo over near Concard. Is a good location. But I never have been up there.

I had not used my 8" Meade schmidt cassegrain telescope for a long time. It's a shame I got rid of it last year. I still have my small spotting scope, I guess that will have to do.

Back