What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mantid Ooth

I think its a Chinese mantid. Hard For me to tell, we will just wait for the mantids to get bigger.

436af727.jpg

that's cool!!
I love mantids!!!!
I got one of those things but a bunch of parasitic wasp larvae ate all of the eggs.
The same thing happens with all of the other mantids that I find at my house, they do well for a while and then "BAM!!!" I find it dead with a maggot crawling near it.

Don't think i've ever seen one of those. Are mantids related to the mantis? I've only ever seen one wild praying mantis it was back when i was in high school. I saw it on the wall in one of the hallways of all places. I tried to move it in order to rescue it, but it crawled to high up the wall.

Nep, did you find it yourself? I'm not too sure, but it looks like it already hatched. The very light color and the openings on the side indicate that it hatched. Not too sure though...

Oh and mfh, mantids ARE mantises. :-O

Back