What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malibu Fire

Since I live in the neighborhood that got hit hardest by the fire I thought I would post some pictures. Thankfully my house was saved but many others were not as fortunate.

Some fire trucks

CIMG4044.jpg

CIMG4046.jpg

CIMG3933.jpg

CIMG3924.jpg

Some flames and smoke

CIMG3977.jpg

CIMG3919.jpg

CIMG3905.jpg

A trash can

CIMG3954.jpg

a car

CIMG3967.jpg

there were huge fire breaks

CIMG3889.jpg

A family lending firefighters their home

CIMG3932.jpg

a video of the super scoopers

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa167/sanchobob_2007/?action=view&current=CIMG4041.flv

Wow. Those fires have been such a tragedy. So many homes lost and families displaced. That is such a great idea for that family to help the firefighters that way. I never really thought about a firefighter needing to go to the bathroom...

I'm glad to hear your house is ok. Still it must be a nightmare to go through that.

I find it pathetic that SOME of these homeless people need stuff like Experienced French Chefs, Beverly Hills Hotel, Mercedes and Bentleys and such donated to them. Many die on the street and they still think that they should be treated luxuriously, at least that's what the charities are doing, making it so they get all of the above and demanding at least 100k donation MINIMUM from people, at least that's what I saw a charity doing on YouTube. I doubt your neighborhood is like this but the REALLY rich parts of Hollywood, Malibu, whatever, are asking for that. One guy asked if someone had a spare Mansion laying around for people to go to. Hilarious! But, they were being serious.

Yeah my neighborhood is nothing like that. You could say that I live in the poor area of Malibu. Your thinking of all those people who live on PCH, which use their money carlessly. My house is not anywhere close to being a mansion. It dosent even have heating or A/C and it does get hot and cold.

And mudslides follow fires, so I wish you well in the coming wet season. New Orleans is seeming a pretty sane place for a city right now.

Back