What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madagascar Lace Plant

JBL

Last Saturday I picked this plant up at my LFS. I believe it is aponogeton madagascariensis. In less than a week, a newly emergent leaf (redish in color) has developed into a 6" + bright green, nicely laced leaf. Others are growing rapidly as well.

This plant has a reputation for being difficult. Anyone have experience? When can I expect dormancy?

I don't have any experience with it but what are your conditions? Are you using co2 or any fertilizers?

I'm just using a Red Sea CO2 biosystem--essentially yeast set up with diffusion pump. The tank is 30 gallon and I use Flourish tabs in the grvel--just plain gravel. I have a fair amount of fish, so this must be helping with nutrients.

I know they get big :)

I know they get big :)

How big?? This thing is insane! I've never seen anything grow this fast, aquatic or land. And now a flower spike has appeared. Should I pinch it? I'm afraid that it will use up energy from the bulb and go dormant shortly after.

I've seen them eat up a big portion of big tanks. Lol, I dunno how big the tank they were big.

I'd cut it unless you want it.

Back