What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macro of the month JULY

OMG Jesse just won.
It's a beautiful pic but the month is young & there are also other great images. :hail:

I love the high level of quality that is coming out from the Terra photographers. :boogie:

Really great shots from all! :drool:

I wouldnt declare a winner just yet, over the last few weeks the shots are getting better and better. and there is still a lot of month left.

While I don't think it's up to the level of the others, when doing maintenance this past weekend, I noticed the curves, colors & sheen on this newly-opened H. butchinensis var Tequila - and thought I should share ...
HTequila071811crpRS.jpg

Last edited:
Is editing against the rules?

DSC_0838 by billychendra, on Flickr

S. Moorei "Leah Wilkerson"

Nikon D90.

Last edited:
I know I'm not going to win, but here's Scorpoides:
IMG_7184.jpg

Dark red Cephalotus, un-named clone from Peter D'Amato.

cephalotus3.tmblr.jpg

That ceph shot is absolutely awesome

Now that is a gorgeous pic.

Good game. :bow: To Ceph.

Paul you're my new hero. lol.

Pygmy in size, not in strength (D. puchella and its prey)

drosera_puchella_moth.jpg

@Brie: excellent! *in best Burnsian voice* Does that mean I have displaced Malcolm???!

Last edited:
@Brie: excellent! *in best Burnsian voice* Does that mean I have displaced Malcolm???!

Sure, next open house i'll take a pic of you and me and make it my new avatar. :hail: LOL

Cephalotus follicularis "Giant Super Red Moccasin" :p

DSC_00030001_21.jpg

Back