What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lutefisk

• Thread starter Slurm
  • Start date
Does anyone here actually, seriously, willingly eat this stuff?
I mean, seriously.

After doing a google search and reading about it, I think I will pass on that one!

Jerry

I'm pretty sure my Swedish-American wife has had it and, if not, she's been in close proximity to people eating it. I encountered the stuff in a Swedish store that used to be near here and that was close enough for me. The Swedes hit homeruns with some of their other foods, like limpa bread and korv sausage, but lutefisk seems to be a bad idea done very badly. It made sense when there were few options for preserving food, but we have options now.

one half my family are full blood norweigians...............so i have been exposed to lutefisk..........never got far enough past the smell to get it in my mouth :grin:

And for those who were as confused as me I give you Lutefisk

My stepfather is from Sweden and has had that stuff. He said it's not bad, not good???
I don't think I'd eat anything with lye as one of the ingredients.
peace,
Zero

Lye turns corn into hominy and I love hominy (and grits). But they don't smell like lutefisk.

During my stay in Sweden, I never had to come across Lutfisk. My grandpa told me he tried some though, and claimed that it was the only food he didn't like. My dad said that the Lutefisk aisle in the grocery store smelled like a sewer.
Personally, I really want to try some. I want to see how bad it really is!

Back