What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for anyone in northern New York State

Hello from Tamlin's wife.
He is very ill and no longer able to care for the few plants he has left. I have a favor to request.
I am looking for someone to come and get them as they will surely die if I try taking care of them. I'm not even sure of everything he has - some nepenthes and some utricularia, I think.
I cannot afford the time or expense nor do I have the expertise to ship them to anyone. If anyone can make it here let me know and we will arrange a mutually favorable time.
Thank you.
Valerie

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers soon!

I would love to care for those plants that I am sure he has worked hard on. I live in nyc but could possibly travel. Can you shoot me a pm please?

While I can't travel to get the plants, I just wanted to wish you and your husband well and I hope he recovers from whatever ails him.

Thanks for the well wishes, Exo. You are 3 hours from us.

It hurts my heart to hear of anyone battling illness. I wish Tamlin a speedy recovery and I also wish you well.

I appreciate that, NY Plant Nerd.

NYCers like to call me "Upstate", but I'm only in Rockland County. If you don't find someone near you, maybe the board can set up a benefit auction for Tamlin? Then, when he's ready to get back to growing, he can use the benefits to restart? Just a thought. My best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Not sure how far away I am from you but could possibly travel. I wish the best for Tamlin and yourself. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Jay

pm sent

I wish I could just plain visit him. I am so sorry that his health has declined.

I am truly saddened to hear his health has taken a turn for the worse. I was just going to check with him if he was ready for some plants I was going to send.

Let us all hope for a speedy and full recovery from this latest setback.

I truly appreciate all the well wishes. The older folks here - and I don't mean that in age - know how much these plants mean to him. And he's not up to a visit just yet.

Back