What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a cobra plant!

I have lots of darlingtonia seed, but would like to have a jump on things by getting a small plant. Size isn't too important, but I don't want seedlings, I want something that has mature leaves. plant divisons, runners, or spare plants work for me! If you have 1 or more available, even just for sale, send me a pm, I will send you my plant list, or get payment information.
Thanks,
Sib ;)

were are you from?
Arie

Hi Syble,

Please take a look at the forum rules...This is for trading only, so lets steer away from mentioning sales. Thanks!

Sib, do you have Lowes stores near you? They sell them in plastic cubes, along with a VFT and usually a D. adelae.

If not there's one somewhere in here:

s_Wed_106.sized.jpg

Yeah, you'll have much better luck getting a Cobra Lily from Lowes. Just don't expect much growth this time of year.

-Rail

Hey jimscott i think i found your cobra lilies in the picture , there under a bush by the stream .
smile.gif

Travis, that's great news! Heres' my address: j/k! Hey, if I had the wherewithal to do yours or Darcie's set up, I wouldn't have done the stream thing. But I found a way to cultivate them successfully and simply. Actually, i adapted the advice that Tony Paroubek espoused. I basically repotted into a drained pot and placed on top of another container, so it's suspended. I then placed it at a window sill (since it was summer) and watered it from above. In other words, it was a glorified hanging basket set up. When the average daily high finally got to the be close enough to the lab's temp, I took it home and placed it at our front porch - far away from that stream. It is now in a coldish window sill, dormant.

Here is a picture, taken a couple months ago:

th_AF003601.jpg

It is actually resting on top of the Lowes cube from whence it came.

Back