What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

live sphagnum

upper

Capensis Killer
i'll be getting ALOT of live sphagnum in a while, and i wanna know if i can keep it outside in a shady area outside in front of my house. i live in Los angeles, California. partial direct sunlight(through the holes). and the rest are shades. i wanna grow as MUCH live sphagnum as i can, and yeah, i'm planning on putting it on this one plastic tray. tho i dont know if i'll be getting a different kind of sphagnum so i want to separate the 2-3 type of sphagnum that i have/will be getting.

Yeah, you could grow sphagnum in a partially shaded environment but the moss is capable of taking some sun; bogs, after all, tend to be fairly exposed --those that I've visited anyway. I would simply ensure that it has a good deal of water. Mine is grown almost in a semi-aquatic state and does very well.

Good luck . . .

Mine does well inside, right under a Grolite.

DSCF1523.jpg

well, the reason why i didnt get nepenthese are because i cant grow them indoor, so everything i do i tend to put it outside.

Back