What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifetime R/O unit - $77

So i combed through a couple of websites looking for a r/o unit and came across this-
http://www.pwgazette.com/model77.htm

Anybody looking for a cheap reliable unit should check this one out. They sell different models as well.

That's not a Reverse Osmosis filter. A Reverse Osmosis filter will have at least three stages and have a waste water outlet as well as a filtered water outlet.

See the Reverse Osmosis FAQ from the same site.

Oz,

maybe i am reading it wrong, but that isnt a RO unit, just a sediment/charcoal filter

Last edited:
Definitely something to purchase in the near future- right after a good fog machine

You can give these guys a look too. They offer a free set of carbon filters and a TDS meter if you buy a unit.

RO/DI water will make your fog machine live longer as well, its all i put in mine (we are talking ultrasonic humidifer I think)

RO units actually need to be used daily, and NOT brings up a good point.... you really need a TDS meter as well

AV I have read some places that say RO water for the untasonics do not work all to well. They recopmend adding back some tap water to make them run right. have you had that problem?

I do need to look for a TDS meter jsut to check things. I use rainwater ATM so no need for an RO unit just yet.

Not that Im aware of JB, interesting..... Ill have to check into that

I always assumed the ultrasonics induced cavitiation to form, hmmm Ill have to get back with ya on that LOL

TDS meters are pretty cheap if you shop around, seems like mine was under 20 bucks

Av

JB, I wonder if that might not be their "engineered product lifespan" variable.... hmmm

well anyways that is all mine has ever had in it, I may try some tap water this weekend and see if I see a difference in output

Av

ok I just remember reading that when i was looking them up.

I cant see using RO water as causing any damage, just the opposite... but maybe there is something there as far as performance goes, I dunno... but Ill see what i can find out and if you happen to have that link bookmarked would you please send it to me

its going to bug me now till I find out why they said it LOL

cheers'
Av

say goodnight butch :sleepy:

AV it had something to do with not having the desolved solids in there to react ot something. They said using RO would keep the mineral buildup down, but recomended adding some tap water back for the solids in it to make it perform better. I did not book mark the site. I just found it while reading up on them and looking for an inexpencive one.

BTW I just noticed your sig. I LOVE MASH!! A doctor I work with is suposed to be bringing the DVDs of the different seasons to me so I can burn them. He he he.

here is a decent econo unit, ive had this same model for a couple years and with a couple mods I have been very well satisfied

http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-SAFE-100GPD-MAXIMUS-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-WATER-FILTER_W0QQitemZ150087012187QQihZ005QQcategoryZ20684QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(I mounted the mixed bed media container vertically to prevent channeling and replaced the 5 micron filters with 0.5 micron the first time a filter change was due)

Av

That's the one I have. It works great, I love it. Only thing I didn't love are the instructions and the guy's attempt at comedy.

Don't be like me and buy an RO unit from ebay without paying attention :)

I paid a price in Euro's not USD :( Paid out my butt for it too and learned an important lesson that day.

Lol ^^^

Btw, anybody know of an inexpensive fogger?

Oz,

compared to my local petshops the price seems great...

JLAP, omg euros, you poor guy geeze I wont even ask what it cost ya omg

JB, Love MASH especially the earlier shows... and omg the movie is a classic, it and kelly's heroes are two of my comedy favs.... but "DAS BOOT" (german version) is the best war movie ever IMHO

(band of brothers is beyond a "movie", it is a life changing experience)

Larry, did you mount your bead container vertically?.... and yep, I agree on his comedy and instructions... both pretty cheesy

Could a moderator move this to General Disscusion? I see no point in this being in the VFT section.

Jerry

Back