What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see your messed up plants!

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I posted this photo in my photo thread, but figured it would be fun to see photos from others of plants that were messed up while developing in one way or another!

20211107_105425-jpg.8763

Not sure what is going on with this D. kenneally Fog Bay, it was one of a few pets I purchased not too long ago, but the only one that isn't looking good...

20211115_203953.jpg

Last edited:
So this is where we admit to our failures, huh? I'm game.

At least your plants look likely to survive, Andrew. Check out this recent mess:

PB160330-v01.jpg

Is it dead or dormant? I'm betting on dead but I'll treat it as though it might come back... Sadly, this is a clone that I've been growing for about 10 years now.

Sure, dead counts. I think my petiolaris will pull through too, not sure why it took it hard. Shame on the D falc, I've had those crash many times on me. :/

I posted this photo in my photo thread, but figured it would be fun to see photos from others of plants that were messed up while developing in one way or another!

20211107_105425-jpg.8763

Not sure what is going on with this D. kenneally Fog Bay, it was one of a few pets I purchased not too long ago, but the only one that isn't looking good...

View attachment 8766
Oooh.....that pitcher looks like a deflated balloon. And we can just say that the D. kenneally Fog Bay is sulking. It will come back bigger and better.

So this is where we admit to our failures, huh? I'm game.

At least your plants look likely to survive, Andrew. Check out this recent mess:

PB160330-v01.jpg

Is it dead or dormant? I'm betting on dead but I'll treat it as though it might come back... Sadly, this is a clone that I've been growing for about 10 years now.
D. falconeri does have a full dieback to a bulb when it goes into dormancy. I wouldn't give up on it unless you find nothing alive under the soil (and if you do, let it dry).

Back