What's new

Lets see your messed up plants!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Staff member
Admin
I posted this photo in my photo thread, but figured it would be fun to see photos from others of plants that were messed up while developing in one way or another!

20211107_105425-jpg.8763

Not sure what is going on with this D. kenneally Fog Bay, it was one of a few pets I purchased not too long ago, but the only one that isn't looking good...

20211115_203953.jpg

Last edited:

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
So this is where we admit to our failures, huh? I'm game.

At least your plants look likely to survive, Andrew. Check out this recent mess:

PB160330-v01.jpg

Is it dead or dormant? I'm betting on dead but I'll treat it as though it might come back... Sadly, this is a clone that I've been growing for about 10 years now.

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Staff member
Admin
Sure, dead counts. I think my petiolaris will pull through too, not sure why it took it hard. Shame on the D falc, I've had those crash many times on me. :/

I posted this photo in my photo thread, but figured it would be fun to see photos from others of plants that were messed up while developing in one way or another!

20211107_105425-jpg.8763

Not sure what is going on with this D. kenneally Fog Bay, it was one of a few pets I purchased not too long ago, but the only one that isn't looking good...

View attachment 8766
Oooh.....that pitcher looks like a deflated balloon. And we can just say that the D. kenneally Fog Bay is sulking. It will come back bigger and better.

So this is where we admit to our failures, huh? I'm game.

At least your plants look likely to survive, Andrew. Check out this recent mess:

PB160330-v01.jpg

Is it dead or dormant? I'm betting on dead but I'll treat it as though it might come back... Sadly, this is a clone that I've been growing for about 10 years now.
D. falconeri does have a full dieback to a bulb when it goes into dormancy. I wouldn't give up on it unless you find nothing alive under the soil (and if you do, let it dry).