What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lens questions!

Do you guys think a Nikon Micro-Nikkor - Macro lens - 105 mm - f/2.8 G ED-IF AF-S VR - Nikon F, would fit on a Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10.1MP DSLR? I know that the lens is EXPENSIVE, but I dont plan on buying it YET, I have to save up the money first, but This is a lens I would LOVE to have. But I dont want a Nikon! OR do you guys know of any Cannon DSLR lens's similar to the Nikon Micro, around the same price or cheaper??

Thanks.

Canon's elite lenses are certainly equal to Nikon's. And Canon's garbage is equal to Nikon's garbage too. Both make plenty of that. Canon's best are the L lenses and I doubt I'll ever have one. Here's a review of a Canon that supposedly is as good as an L and should do whatever that Nikon can. It isn't a DSLR lens, but even though I've heard of such things, I don't understand what's different about them. We use Canon EF lenses on our film & digital Canons.

http://www.photo.net/equipment/canon/100

Ooops . . . I just read the whole review and it isn't a USM lens, which means it'll be a pain in the *** to use a lot of the time. Canon has probably replaced it with a USM by now. That just refer to the auto-focus drive and the pre-USM drives suck.

Do you guys think a Nikon Micro-Nikkor - Macro lens - 105 mm - f/2.8 G ED-IF AF-S VR - Nikon F, would fit on a Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10.1MP DSLR?
Unless things have changed more than I imagine - No.

Back