What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it really reminds me of bongso

densiflora x truncata king of clubs
DSCF2389.jpg

to the right is an old pic of my bongso
a71b4d7a.jpg

didnt even realize this catt hybrid was in spike till tonight
DSCF2392.jpg

WOW,
I need to get one of those.

That's seriously a beauitful plant, Rattler. Very nice!

Great pitcher. And your bongso of course is awesome. Its like a chocolate veitchii. My bongso is proving to be among my most disappointing neps, along with ramispina. Its grown 2 inches in 4 years, made 3 pathetic pitchers in that time. Wanna trade? Haha.

for me bongso has been one of the hardier pure species....it likes consistent conditions and if anything changes after it has settled in, even if you improve the conditions it sits and pouts in suspended animation for 6-8 weeks than starts growing again....it doesnt mind low humidity and it looks fine during the shut downs.....its just if yah changed something it was like it needed to sit and think about it awhile before deciding if its gonna start growing again.....

unfortunately at the moment my bongso has over 6 feet of vine and no basal growth and bongso is one of the species that really hates to pitcher in the vining stage, atleast the clone i have....so i havent seen a bongso pitcher in a year or more....

Beautiful plants man. That king of clubs truncata looks like a great parent. Very very nice.

Great growing, looking forward to my DxT "KoC" growing up. That plant may need a name of its own.

Love those surprise blooms too.

We may have the same clone of Bongso. Here's the last pitcher from my Bongso. It's an intermediate. This was from last year, I haven't seen any since, but have cut off my 6 feet of vine down to an active node low on the vine. It has really taken off in growth, but haven't seen a pitcher yet, (hopefully soon). No basals for me either.
P1090769.jpg

P1100268.jpg

i figure since everyone seems to be giving up on it at 6 feet without a flower....ive got the room to let it hit somewhere between 8 and 9 feet before chopping....would make an awesome parent if it would just flower....

This is my densiflora X truncata black:

P8100017.jpg

P8100016.jpg

P8100015.jpg

Beautiful plants everyone

But Zu, ummmm that first pic is just wrong LOL

Awesome Bongso's :D
I cant wait until my Bongso seedlings start making some pitchers like that :)

Back