What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a Mimosa seedling?

it is kinda ridiculous that we spend our time caring for, talking about, and striving to obtain plants that in other parts of the world are annoying weeds...

do you think they collect dandelions or crab grass in the phillipines and spend their day talking about it in a forum?

im going ot recommend to phil and jeff they start a crab grass forum...

Heck, there's one weed right here in Tallahassee, Florida that has a huge (for a small weed anyway, over 1") pink flower that I think is very pretty, so I uprooted one and potted it up on my windowsill, lol...

havron, I really envy the plants you have in the South...

keep in mind that we grow Drosera capensis, which must be the prettiest weed there is!

I have a weed here in MA with interesting large blue flowers, though the plant is otherwise nasty.

Chris

I love blue. How large are the flowers? Wanna trade weeds? :cheesy:

The flowers are around an inch across, if I remember correctly. "They open in early morning, when sparkling dew coats the sparkling ground, while sparkling sunlight sparkles overhead." how poetic

As I said, the plants themselves are uglier than a Pilea 'Purple Waffle.' But they are tough--you could practically drop a nuclear weapon on one and it would just re-sprout from its roots.

Ohmygod :eek:
I decided to sow some more M. pudica seeds.  Using roughly the same mix I had before, I popped the tray in the oven to keep it warm.  In 2 days they sprouted!  I've been waiting over 5 weeks for my first batch to sprout.  So it seems warmth is the secret formula, at least it was a secret to me
wink.gif

Hooray!

"Everyone gives larry a standing ovation and scream "encore! encore!!!....."

The plants won't stop growing til the fat lady sings and lets hope that'll be for a long time.

Hmm...perhaps I should try sowing some more Mimosa seeds in pots in my Neps tank, as it's the hottest part of the house.
smile.gif

hmmm...my pudica seemed to germinate best at a moderately warm temp. of 65F

Another seedling appeared yesterday in the original setup on the windowsill. That makes #5 out of 12 so far. Sometime you just need to give them time.
smile.gif

Back