What's new

Is there anything you don't like about cp's

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Is there anything you don't personally like about CP's or something you'd change?

for me, I wish that temperates didn't need a Dormancy

I'd just like to speed up time every now and then. This hobby take some patience!

Personally, I don't mind dormancy, mostly because it gives someting to look forward to in spring. Nothing like seeing those sarras come back with a vengeance!

Oh, and I wish I could use tap water!

Capslock

I wish they were bigger and did not need so much water or I could safely use tap water. Oh yeah instead of "night vision googles" I want digestive enzyme goggles so I can "see" cps in bogs out the car window.

faster growth, bigger growth, less humidity, and they should be able to grow on shade (stupid sarrs! lol :p) . Dormancy is kind of good and kind of bad so I haven't decided :p

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Well, personally, I'd like to have D. adelae to cease and desist it's 'possum playing. Then there's that cobra lily choosing to die, when east of the West Coast or the UK.

I wish that Venus Flytraps would grow at least 5" traps! Also, the tap water thing would be great too!

It would be nice if Sarrs would grow in regular soil and not need special water.  The leaves would lie flat, so they wouldn't be so prone to bend over or break.  And I wish they'd have bright yellow flowers through the summer too.  And why have pitchers - the plants should just get nutrients through their roots.  That would be an ideal Sarr and we could call it Sarracenia dandelionia.

lol Jim i took pics of my Darlingtonia that is growing in pure peat, sitting in tray of "stagnant" warm water, ill post them when i get the roll of film developed. i think you going to be madder than when i got U. sandersonii "blue" to bloom with no effort
smile_n_32.gif

oh back to the original topic, the tap water thing, and lower required humidity for most of the extream highland and lowland Neps

I wish my CP's were vegetarian  
smile_l_32.gif

But seriously, I wish that they didn't need so much light & humidity so that I could keep them with my other house plants.

Finch

Whats it to ya?
i wish people couldnt get by by not using the magnicicent traps for their desinged purpouse, atleast once

Some CPs (like N. villosa) shouldn't be so picky.

I wish i could use tap water, and water less often.

I wish that they all (except some of the really fast weeds like D. capensis) grew faster (especially N. villosa).

I'll think of more.

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Besides for the above, I wish there were a CP that ate aphids and other pests. It doesn't even seem like a very unreasonable request - if a CP could figure out how, you know it would.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Mar. 21 2005,8:11)]For neps... faster propagation, no woody stems, and no getting leggy as the vine grows.
What do you mean "getting leggy"? Does that refer to the increasing internodal distance?

I wish they could thrive in 10% humidity and 120 degrees teperature, and could be watered in tap water.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnall
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 21 2005,8:00)]I'd just like to speed up time every now and then. This hobby take some patience!

Personally, I don't mind dormancy, mostly because it gives someting to look forward to in spring. Nothing like seeing those sarras come back with a vengeance!

Oh, and I wish I could use tap water!

Capslock
Best not grow orchids then, my Paphs new leaf only grows around 1.5 cm in 3 months.