What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is she is, or is she ain't.....

Hi all,

last year in December I obtained a baby nepenthes labelled "n. pervillei" and originating from BE.
Over the last 12 months, it didn't make much progress, always looked a bit sick, but soldiered on as much as it could. Other Taiwanese growers told me n. pervillei doesn't do well in this climate here anyway - in terraria or greenhouses alike.

Shortly after buying it, I started to doubt whether it actually IS a pervillei, as it somehow didn't look like those I knew from pictures. I called the vendor, who told me that it might actually be something else, and that his staff might have mislabeled the plant.

Then, four weeks ago, I saw for the first time some pictures of a baby pervillei, and came to the conclusion that my plant actually might be a pervillei after all - the leaves, the pitchers, everything was so similar.

Now I've put some pictures of my plant in this album (two pages) and would like to ask y'all what you think. Is it possible that this is a real perv (sorry, couldn't resist
smile.gif

Thanks mucho in advance-o!

Hans

I'd be inclined to remain dubious about that ID. Tendrils look a bit long, and to be fair the baby pitchers of many species look very similar. The leaves are kind of pervillei-ish...

It looks like what my little perv looked like before I lost it. FWIW

Thanks much for your input, guys!

Anyone else?

Back