What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

RamPuppy

This topic is here for you to discuss your Freshwater Aquaria... From your first tank of goldfish or guppies to your last tank with a Silver Arrowana. You want to talk about your guppies breeding habbits or why your Black Moore turned gold? Talk about it here. Cichlid Tanks, Planted Tanks, Dutch, Takashi Amano, Flourite or bare bones glass, from the siamese algae eater and apple snails to those bonzer tank busters, from a betta cup to a 10,000 gallon pond, here's the place to discuss it.

Disease, husbandry, behavior, breeding, or just sitting and watching. Share your hobby with others, educate, and be nice.

Pictures of Spectabalis' Pacus, and anyones elses stuff is highly welcomed!

ENJOY!

Last time I looked, we had 7 aquariums, but I don't bother my kid's much, and there may be more. My daughter has a little guppy tank, and since my Aldrovanda didn't do well in my greenhouse, I put them in there, and they're doing well. African Cichlids are my favorite, but there's only so much time and so much space, and my room is the only one without an aquarium.

I have always had several aquariums. My favorite type is Saltwater (7 yrs exp), but my favorite pet fish is deffinately the Oscar, they are very additudinal (like cats
tounge.gif
). I have moved my pond fish back out and into a much larger pond, so I can now use their tank for an albino oscar.

Hey, will this be the forum to use for ponds?

Yup.. Ponds too... says so in the introduction!
smile.gif

Out of curiousity, who will the mods be?

This forum is led by Rampuppy.

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum,

I found it looking for info on making a terrarium.

I just picked up a 40 Gal Reptile tank that I don't think it sturdy enough to hold 40 gallons of water, so I thought I would make a terrarium out of it.

I was surprised to find that there was a aquarium section on this board.

I have 6 aquariums all heavily planted.

So I guess you'll see me on this section quite a bit.

If you would like, I will post a couple of pics of my tanks.

Cheers, Cactusdoug

Click here to see my Tanks

55 US Gal. AquaClear 300 Power Filter
2 Swordtails, 6 Zebra Danios, 21 Neon Tetras, 15 Black Neon Tetras, 6 Lamp Eye Tetras, 11 Rummy Nose Tetras, 9 Pristella or X-Ray Tetras, 3 Bronze Cories, 3 Chinese Algae Eaters, 1 Yellow Apple Snail, 26 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

#1 20 US GAL. Whisper 20 Power Filter
5 Black Neon Tetras, 14 White Cloud Minnows, 9 Harlequin Rasboras, 1 Chinese Algae Eater, 3 Cories, 5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

#2 20 Gal. Unknown AquaClear Power Filter
10 Serpea Tetras, 7 Black Phantom Tetras, 3 Red Phantom Tetras,1 Chinese Algae Eater, 3 Cories, Lots of plants

#1 10 US GAL. Aqua-Tech 5-15 Power Filter
7 Glowlight Tetras, 7 Black Neon Tetras, 3 baby Albino Cories, 1 Albino or Golden Chinese Algae Eater,5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

#2 10 US GAL. Aqua-Tech 5-15 Power Filter
5 Zebra Danios, 5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of plants

#3 10 US GAL. Aqua-Tech 5-15 Power Filter
12 Black Widow Tetras, 7 Head & Tail Light Tetras, 3 bronze Cories, 5 Ghost Shrimp, Lots of Plants

welcome to the forums! sounds like you have some nice setups there. it would be best to post that in a new topic, so you would get more responces...

Thanx for the welcome.

I'll start a new thread with a couple of pics.

CD

Welcome! I am New Here also. I swam over here From The Community Tank Forum, lookin into the CP. I am starting a "new hobby" I have a few FW Fish Tanks. You can see some of them Here... I know it needs up-dating... LOL! Anyway I hope to get some good info about some CP in this forum...

Thanks,
Steve X.

Welcome to the forums, AQUAMANX!! You've come to the right place for CP's and good conversation.

I've kept many different fish, both fresh and salt.
I currently am keeping discus in a planted tank. I think that under the Freshwater Aquarium section I have pictures of my tank and fish.
Here is a new one that I know is not posted there.

post-22-1082173471.jpg

Cool Whip!

didnt know that theres also subforums for aquariums! ... guess
i was paying too much attention to the cp threads :p

i've had experience with livebearers and i use to breed swordtails and platies all the time

I currently am running 5 tanks.
2.5 gallon: red cherry shrimp, pink ramshorn snails, guppy grass, hornwort
5g: yellow cobra guppies, white ribbon plant, 2 mystery snails, 1 otocinclus, pond snails
10g: betta pair, 6 ember tetras, 3 baby silver tip tetras, 1 zebra nerite snail, 2 horned nerite snails, banjo catfish, cocount plant, Argentine sword
38g: 3 angels (gold, silver striped, marble veiltail), 2 pitbull pleco, 6 rummynose tetra, 9 assorted corydoras, 3 mystery snails, 5 kuhli loaches, 2 Bolivian rams, 1 keyhole cichlid, 1 white hi skirt tetra, Amazon sword, Argentine sword, coconut plant, ribbon plants.
1g: betta

Back when I was in high school, i had 8 tanks going: Water Sprite, livebearers, breeding pair of Black Convicts, breeding pair of Jewel Cichlids, breeding Dwarf Gouramis, Thicklipped Gouramis, Paradis Fish, Bettas, Blue Gouramis, Pearl Leeris.

At home I have two 38 gallon tanks. One with 6 adult Neolamprologus leleupi and the other with 6 Lamprologus ocellatus Gold (Shell dwellers), 4 Synodontis lucipinnis (African catfish from Lake Tanganyika), and 6 Julidochromis regani Kipili. All are fry except the Synodontis-they are adults about 4 years old.

At work I have a 65 gallon tank with 4 Tanganicodus irsacae Moba (Goby cichlids), a pair of Julidochromis regani Kipili (Julies), and one Altolamprologus compressiceps. This tank is full of algae intentionally, along with Vallisneria in the front. A 37 gallon with a pair of Julidochromis regani Kipili. The 37 is mainly growing out Cryptocoryne usteriana from plants I bought 6 years ago or so. I have a 10 gallon tank with a Lamprologus multifasciatus colony. I have yet to see any fry. I am growing a few Crypts here.

Back