What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inside a Car?

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
OK, this is really weird but I just thought of it.

N. bicalcarata needs heat, humidity and light.

Well, inside a closed up car in the summer it's quite hot, humid and it can be bright!

Could someone technically, if got into a good position and all, grow a N. bicalcarata in a large and bright enough car?

its not very humid inside a car unless you let a bucket of water evaporate in there.
Why would you ever want to grow a nep in a car though...i mean seriously. That's about the defintion of impractical.

Plus the fact that cars are about 20°+ hotter than the outside, esp if its black or has black interior. When its 115° outside, its about 140° in a car. So again, I ask why

Are you serious?

lmao! Cp's on the go . :)

That's an expensive g/h!!! Cars here get up to about 160 within 20 mins :) I think that'd be baaaad

Really?

I never thought it got THAT hot.

And JLAP, it was just an idea, lighten up.

Funny you should mention this now. I was away for 4 days last week and the last time I left, my cobra plant died for no real reason. I knew that it was going to get warm around here and rather than have the cobras fry...I took them with me! They are still small so both in one pot came along with me and spent a good deal of time in the rental car. I checked in on them and poured water over on occasion and they seem ok. The only problem was sudden turns or breaking did spill the pot's contents on occasion. Luckily I didn't have to clean up the bog's worth of sphagnum on the interior.

So far, they haven't kicked it. I wouldn't do it all of the time, but I have thought about my garage as a greenhouse for something as an experiment.

The inside of cars can easily get over 100 degrees, so I wouldn't try it...but I see where you are getting at though... maybe if you put a fan in the car? It would be pretty cool to see someone transform a car into a green house...now that is art lol

-peace
-Gabe

Hmmm...my Explorer is dead and just sitting in the driveway. I COULD pop the rear hatch for ventilation....

I'm guessing that the darkened windows wouldn't be good though.

My dad's car gets super duber hot in the summer, it could be possible if you left the windows open and maybe a fan.

Back