What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm running for political office

Andrew got it right - the public is rather hard to please. But if utric 'em, you can win 'em. Of course, many see you as a rather slimy character, so you have to convince them that you are truly one of them. For example, don't use longifolia words, like neo-caledonica and triphyophyllum. If you act all upity, you'll make them think you are of hybreed, and the masses don't like aristocroloides. Show 'em you're a genlisea american, that you have a lot in communis with them. To dew this, dew something really american, like playing baseball for example. You can catch flies, and I know you're a great pitcher! This will give you a gigantea edge over your competitors, making them livida with rage. Try to avoid violacea though - people dionaea would cause adelae in the election - adelae of weeks or even monanthos!

Also, you'll need an advisory board. May I suggest Pete Moss as a top-seeded candidate? I know he may look like dirt, and he has a history of pot addiction, but you got to leaf him a little Slack - there's more to him than you can see on the surface. After all, many of the things we all enjoy actually have their roots in him. And he's a great guy to have in public office with you - he's always perlite and under-sanding.

I must agree with Noah, I hear Pete can be molded quite nicely. And he's so perlite, he just charms the ladies.
Not to mention he's such a fun guy!

The trouble with Pete Moss is that he has a rare disease - some people get sick hanging out with him.
sad.gif
alien.gif

Tamlin - Try to think out of the pot during your campanulata.
Do you plan to continue growing plants in Washingtoniana T.C.?

Whos making fun of Ulysses Grant? He's my ancestor
wink.gif
, no joke!

OK, I'll grant that you are a relative ;-)  Bully for you!

All seriousness aside,

I really think yer all a bunch of wits, LOL.  I haven't laughed so hard since seeing a 70.00 price tag on a sundew!

Noah, You should consider political speech writing as a career!
You leave me.......far afield.

Jmenprkr,

I think there is nothing to fear from Nep Rahah. Despite his admirable reputation, this is after all American Soil we stand on. The climate here won't support him, and he is best left to rule his own country.

What, no replies from the rally?  I hope this doesn't mean my campaign has stagnated!!  There moss be someone who will speak for my immaculata reputation, c.i.t.e.some good examples.  I have troubles like a swarm of gnats buzzing around me!  Try as I mite, my base is collapsing. I am poised and ready for action, even though I admit to being a little stretched out.  I need closure.  When I read the papers last night at what they said about me I was mad!  Agahst!  My sister Rosie Anna had to carry me in.  Got all that?
confused.gif
 Mad, agahst...carry in?....Sis?  Sure, I am never all I can be this time of year.  I admit, I need a rest.  Once I caught the publics attention, but now all I taste in my mouth is past victory, and my whole life seems like it was a trap.

Sorry to open my big mouth again, but the thoughts are all clumping in my jaws and it's a bit of a dragon my fang-like wits.  The slandersonii and mud-slinging made me livida, and i wish you would all stop pinging on me.  In short, i feel a bit ceph-ocated and longifolia in the face, and need some genlisea for my nerves.  I'm Slackii off on the campaign, Cantley get excited about it anymore, and therefore have decided to pulchella out of the race.  Especially because i'm a scorpiodes, and my horoscope said i should. For peat moss' sake: even nitidula has me cross, and everyone knows he's such a passive pygmy of a plant.

It's all yours, Tamlin.

Tamlin ,

What do you think about terrorism caused by the two terrorist osama bin fungus who crashed his flies in the twin pitchers and SoDamn Insane who's troops have been appearing out of no where causing deaths to many inocent victims ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really think yer all a bunch of wits, LOL. I haven't laughed so hard since seeing a 70.00 price tag on a sundew![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I tried selling a sundew for $50 the other day at the LACPS meeting, and people did the same thing you did - just laugh. I wonder why, considering its rarity...

capensis'upsidedown'.JPG

Ironically enough, no one bought it.

lol noah , does that plant actually grow ?

Hahahaha.

I have several of that variety of Drosera, and I'm selling em for half your price. Mwuhahaha.

Noah, you never cease to amaze me - you be one funny guy!

Looks more like D. capsizedsis than D. capensis!
smile.gif

But I do think you've found the root of the problem...just going out on a limb. With all these junk fronds you're trying to sell, you'll get in big trouble if you don't turn over a new leaf (sorry, that one was too easy). If you don't, there'll be no es-scape! I hate to seed you with despair, but I don't want to see your career overy!

Back