What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not having a good day today. Read this if you have kids

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
One of my old friends died at about 2 am last night. He was with my other friends ex-boyfriend, who had been drinking all day at school, going about 100 MPH and they crashed. They LEFT my friend there and eventually someone found him and called an ambulance. His lungs collapsed in the ICU.

My friend's name was Josh. He was a little fried tweaker but he was a nice guy. He was like Anna Nicole and a really nice guy and he's the one who quit school to live with his meth cook uncle. I really feel so bad and I feel even worse thinking that maybe what happened wasn't as bad as him living a life as a dropout meth addict who was addicted because he uses to cover up the pain of when he was molested by his ice-head dad. I feel horrible for thinking that but... damn guys I just feel bad. Ruined my whole day. I want to go have a cigarette and get wasted. I'm not but I want to.

I know when he died he was happy because he was on morphine. He's that kind of guy and he's josh and I miss him.

They had the audacity to go to school the next day, where they were arrested. Matt (the driver *******) was 18 so he'll be tried as an adult. I don't know who or how old the others were. I hope they are tried as accessories.

oh jeez, I'm really sorry. :( that's awful.

It's Weenie man. Weenie isn't supposed to die.

Sorry dude. That's rough. Any way you look at it.
Props for you taking care of yourself. That's the hardest part, but it's the only way to get through it all.

Peter

Sorry to hear bud. Hang in there.

100 MPH?

And the other two didn't die? That's surprising...

Well, sorry about what happened.

I'm really sorry to hear it. Sudden death like that is a shock. I still can't believe my friend Joey, who died a year ago, is gone. It doesn't seem real.

I understand your sentiments about his death vs. what his life might have been like. And in fact, that is how Joey's fiance and I coped with his death. Joey had a lot of serious health issues plus crappy kids and a demon ex-wife who put him through hell. So, we know he will never again have to suffer physically or emotionally. Actually his one good son (Josh) was killed in a horrific car accident just 3 months before Joey died, so we know he is somewhere with Josh, for whom he grieved greatly.

It always terribly sad when someone you care about dies, but you're left with hopefully good memories and you just have to look for some good thing in it...like knowing their human suffering is done.

:(

do NOT smoke that cigarette. i know its really tempting right now but you gotta stay strong. at least, like you said, he was happy when he died. all you can do now is cherish the memories you had with josh. dont even bother thinking about the other people who were in the car with him - not worth your time.

How very sad. I'm glad you're being strong and not letting this be an excuse for slipping back into harmful behaviors. Hang in there.

im so sorry Clint! :(
100 MPH?

And the other two didn't die? That's surprising...
little known fact (at least in kentucky anyways.) when an accident happens between a drunk driver and an innocent driver. the one who is more injured is usually the innocent. the drunk driver is usually unharmed or with little damage. thats what the police officer ladt that came in a few weeks ago said...
Alex

Thanks guys.

I'm not going to use any substances just because I'm sad. That doesn't solve anything. That's how people become dependent and it's partly why Josh got into such bad shape to begin with. Cigarettes are just pointless and now I'm glad I didn't smoke.

I'm glad it doesn't make me a bad person for thinking that maybe it was better off that he died.... I still feel bad about thinking it. I feel worse for saying it.

I believe they ran off into a ditch. No other cars were involved. Josh only weighed like 110 pounds so he didn't really stand a chance in a car accident at that speed without a seat belt.

I'm also sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are staying strong.

Tough stuff, dude. I think your feelings are completely justified, so you shouldn't feel bad about that. All things considered, you sound like you are staying strong. Good for you. When did you find out? At school? Did you talk to these punks at school?

little known fact (at least in kentucky anyways.) when an accident happens between a drunk driver and an innocent driver. the one who is more injured is usually the innocent. the drunk driver is usually unharmed or with little damage. thats what the police officer ladt that came in a few weeks ago said...
Alex

It's because someone who is drunk has less comprehension and slower heart rates, so they don't freak out and keep their heart beat down. Therefore less blood is lost. The tragedy of life, I supposed.

xvart.

:-( I'm sorry man...
best wishes for you...

Oh yeah, I just realized you wouldn't see them at school since you are home schooled... duh. Did you hear if the administration found out if they were drinking at school or not?

xvart.

My friend Halie called and told me. they were arrested as soon as they walked through the door. The cops were there waiting.

Thanks but don't be sorry for me. I'm alive and well. I've got my whole future ahead of me.

I don't know if the administration found out but Matt had like 2 bottles of vodka he had drank during the course of the day.

I feel sorry for you and everyone else who's been in that world, whether they survive it or not. Drugs cause so much collateral damage.

I was just on the phone and found out that my friend, Michelle, Matt's ex GF, was in the car too and broke her neck. I don't know why they took her and left Josh.

I'm glad Elizabeth and I are talking again. I thought she was mad at me since she never called me, but she was going through her own BS since she was pregnant and she lost my number, too. We're torn up and I really want to go to the funeral, even though we weren't that close, but I dunno if my parents will let me. She's not taking any drugs while shes pregnant so that's good.

Woo this is like.. what the word? Phantasmagorial. Reality and dreams blending together. It's so surreal. I'm just so angry and sad and I cried so hard today over a guy I wasn't really that close with. He lied and stole and ripped people off but he was a good person and didn't deserve this dammit. I just... I hate Matt so much right now and no one tell me any religious stuff about "Oh don't hate anyone" because It's not appreciated right now.

I don't know why they took her and left Josh.

What? So people took her to the hospital and left Josh? Or the ambulance took one and not the other? Why wouldn't your parents let you go to the funeral? Because of past... experiences?

xvart.

Back