What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i'm bored. here are some pics. of car, not plant.

hello. well, i have come to the conclusion that a giant stuffed bunny would not be a good babysitter while i go bowling, so you guys are stuck being tormented with my stupid car. i don't remember if i've posted any pics since i got a paint job, so here goes. i also got some black headlights and had my rims done in glossy black.

here is my other passion, Pookie the VW new beetle.

before:
poser1.jpg

with new rims and chipped:
IM000728.jpg

after my encounter with garage wall:censor: :
IM000799.jpg

couldn't stand my poo bug being so messed up!!!! just weeks later:
Picture002.jpg

now:
DSC00153.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

whadaya think?

it's already turbo, but, yea, supercharge it too! twin charging ftw!

tech...

Ah.... now that's the real deal!!!!

Why do they call it NOS? Isn't it NO2? Laughing gas is fun, at any rate.

I love bugs! Lol, not a "manly" car but I love them!

"nos" is the brand name for "nitrous oxide systems" that movie made it slang for any brand of n2o injection.

Ooooh ok I see! I'd be afraid it would blow my car up :-(

funny you should mention that. becaue we do have a nitrous bottle and the connections from the toyota.

i don't think the bug needs it, though. supposedly it's getting put on the miata (which is also turbo charged). i think that would be a bit excessive though. so, for now the nitrous bottle is empty and just hangin out.

next big project will be the suspension. more out of necessity- so i will upgrade in the process. most of my mods start out a necessity or something i ought to do anyway then i just upgrade or chage it up a bit.

most of my mods start out a necessity or something i ought to do anyway then i just upgrade or chage it up a bit.

that's how i do it! when i needed brakes, i threw on a set of hawk pads, speed bleeders, fresh fluid, and flush the whole system every year. when i did a head gasket, i also threw on a ported and polished intake manifold, a modified water pump (to eliminate a high rpm aeration problem and free up a few hp's), and cleaned up the intake and exhaust ports on the head. needed a new muffler, so i got something that would free up a few more hp and last forever (borla). i'm a big fan of replacing worn out parts with ones that will last longer and perform better than oem. a lot of mods on naturally aspirated cars also have a side effect of improving fuel economy ftw!

hopefully the n2o kit you have will be spraying into the intake and not just on an innercooler. btw, do you guys have a wideband for tuning? i'm thinking about buying one (hopefully my buddy sells his) just to have one. you gotta have a wideband for tuning. those autometer gauges just aren't accurate enough to really tell you whats going on in there!

tech...

like with plants, i am a bit of a novice with cars. i'm not that knowlegeable but i'm also not a total retard. my goals with pookie are just to make it fun to drive so it fits my personality better. (a bit on the hyper side) i don't plan on tying to see what i can get out of my car or get too obsessive/extreme. it's my daily driver and also the family car.

i also haven't had any money for much more than a new air freshener for like the longest time. i finally have enough money to do what i want (on occasion) and that's nice. i totally f'd up my own car by scraping the garage wall but made lemonade- so to speak.

it will be quite a LONG while before i really do anything else to pookie. i am a teeny bit peeved that the miata is now a bit faster than me though. hey, tech do you have any advice on what would be the most cost efficient/noticeable thing i ought to do to make just a tad bit more power? it's already chipped- and that's just about it.

here are some more pics to torement- er... share with you guys. there's a midget "driving" my car! (and check out the sweet Evo in the background... mmmmmm...)
Picture019.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture016.jpg

what's with the evo's and the integra in the background? was this at your work?

tech...

nope. not my work- that's a performance shop that hubby takes his car to on occasion. the Evo belongs to the owner and i guess the integra is either theirs or a customer's. hey!!! you didn't mention the beetle in the background... lol. it's a super high gas-mileage turbo diesel.

i works for a place that fixes rims. here is an old picture of my midget on the hood of one of my boss's race miatas (complete with our compay logos)

DSC02078.jpg

hit me up if anyone needs wheel repairs.

and thanks for your input, tech

wheel repair

bump for wheel repair. seriously. "tech" (my b/f) emailed me this thread mainly b/c of the miata-mention, I think. I have a 91 Miata. But I also have a Neon and 2 rims that have a big chunk out of them... I've been looking to get them repaired. A PM is headed your way :boogie:

what does that thing run in the quarter? I had a 68 Nova in highschool with 430HP to the wheels. I had it all gutted out for drag and had awesome drag suspension...beat a brand new z06. I'm kind of glad i got rid of it though cuz 1) gas is expensive and I got 8mpg, 2) I would probably be dead by now from crashing it into something

you know what.. i have actually ran it on a 1/8 mile drag strip just to see what it would do. i don't remember the times. not too shabby though- for what it is. (def not comparable to a muscle car. that's just not fair) this is just a little 1.8liter turbo heavy VW family car. if i find my time slips, i'll post i beat a few cars kinda in my own class, including a turbo civic. i got beaten by a different turbo civic. i did not run next to or against any of the domestic muscle.

Smart Beetle. Personalised number plate too (or license plate as I think you call them!)

Enough talk about the Beetle; someone get that baby a booster seat, stat!! :)

You copy cat =P

I painted the rims on my 'Box' a while back. You must have seen me =)

Back