What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas for a new pet!

i used to have a ball python (royal python) beautiful docile snake, very calm and enjoys being handled, i thought it had nice color, sort of a khaki green and beige brown patching... they start real small; fits in the palm of a kids hand, and they sometimes grow large, but over a long period of time, so it`s real gradual and they don`t get out of hand... we used to bring it to school and freak out everyone, the teachers were ok with it cause we assured them that it was a safe animal. well that`s my opinion, have fun searching a new pet!

wow, all these replies are great!

thanks for all the ideas, but going over talks with parents and rethinking the responsibility of these pets (as well as lack of funds, since i gotta pay for everything myself), as well as parents not feeling that im ready for another pet yet, i have decided to delay getting a pet.

i wouldnt want to have a pet without being able to properly care and maintain, it would just make me (as well as the pet) just feel terrible....

thanks for all the ideas, ill be keeping these in mind when the time for a new pet comes!

deckard.

I have two words for you: Sea Monkeys.
Easy to maintain, inexpensive, and if you decide you don't have time for them, you can let the tank dry up and you'll have eggs to start from again later. It's always more fun to take care of swarms of things. And watching them swim is so relaxing...
~Joe

I don't have time to read the whole thread, but Leopard Geckos are my favs...days and cresteds are nice too but hard to care for. check out this link: http://www.geckoforums.net/

Dart Frogs!

i've got a huge problem, my gf want a CAT! i don't know what to do, we have her art work everywhere(ceramics, paintings...) , plants galore! and an unstable terrarium on a pedastal-type table (it's it the shape of T if you better understand now, center of gravity WAY too high on an unstable base) i have to convince her otherwise, or else i'm gonna be pulling out my hair everymorning i come home to the mess a curious kitten left behind... i have enough with one cat already (my gf's name is catherine, cat for short, ha ha). any suggestions? it's a siamese, and i'm allergic too

Back