What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID Please

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
Just looking for an ID from somebody knowledgeable (sp?).
Sundew1_web.jpg

That is a D.Adelae Dyflam. Congrats on saving it form Lowe's! As a mater of fact I went to Lowe's tonight to pick up some Spahgnum,Perlite and Orchid bark and saw a VERY HEALTHY D.Capensis (which i don't have) and the guy said they got them in today! So I couldn't resist (for 2.00!) and bought it! WONDERFUL shape and goignt o replant it tommorow in Peat/Perlite mix. I am very happy today!

Thanks Nep. G. Appreciate the response.

yup, adelae...doesnt look dewy, but with higher humidty, it will get more dewy. It grows well in a mix of peat and perlite or long fibered shagnum and perlite.

D.adelae 100%. This plant is known to sprout plantlets from the root. You should have a bunch of these plants after a few months:)

Excellent, thanks everyone.

you an buy orchid bark at lowes?

Why yes of course you can! They have LOADS of it in my local Lowe's. It isn't that cheap (&#366.00) for .25 Cubic Feet of it.

This plant is where it's gonna be for a while... 50/50 peat/perlite. Just waiting for some dew to form.

Remember this plant...

D_adelae_web.jpg

It's much happier now.

Looks like it likes it new home with all the dew being produced.
smile.gif

That is a wonderful picture.

Dyflam, you've probably said this before, but what kind of camera do you use? The light is just perfect.

Chris

It's a Nikon Coolpix 800. I use the macro function quite a bit. One of the nice things about digital cameras is you can adjust brightness, contrast, etc. with a photo editor.

Thanks. I have asked other cp growers about their cameras, and your model seems popular--an ideal cp camera.

Hi Dyflam
I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago - D. adelae from Lowe's.  It looked almost gone when I got it but is now growing pretty well.  It first seemed to produce tentacle-less leaves, but each new leaf has more.  Still no dew yet, though.  It is in a very humid enclosure, so I don't know.  Did you repot from the original container?

John, also in Florida

(Edited by jaje61 at 5:05 pm on May 10, 2002)

yo nepG

with the orchid bark
who makes it? ill look for it here, or i might just buy schultz orchid mix like RP has

jaje61, I did repot. It was in an undrained container with 2 other plants... I think a S. purpurea and a common VFT.

I like getting carnivorous plants from lowse. My mother owns a store, so she can order any plant the company has availible, for me. But, the only sundews they ever have in my area are adelae and spathulata.

It's getting better all the time...

D_adelae3_web.jpg

Note the babies around the edge...

And I think I see some red coloration in the closest mature leaf.

To the left, regular or lite?
wink.gif

Chris

Back