What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Went into Nature - Are These Both Moss?

we have an incredibly large amount of haircap moss that grows here, everywhere lol. im thinking of trying some of it with some plants, im worried about pests though, ill wait for some of the spore heads to pop up i think lol

I once left a pile of old potting mix (LFS & sponge rock) in a pot saucer, or whatever those water catchers are called, and forgot about it. It was outside in a shady spot for a long time and one day I noticed it was green. It had compacted down to a low mound that was mostly covered with regular ground moss, but with patches of hair-cap moss too. It was beautiful, in a subtle way. After finding it, I left it out there for a couple more years and did nothing for it, other than to water it a couple times when the weather was unusually dry to pull out the weed and tree seedlings that tried to invade it. Unfortunately, I found it all ripped up and dried out last year and I think a squirrel or bird tore it apart.

Back