What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i think its time to kill a kid.....

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
last fall, not an hour after getting her license my oldest girl got into a wreck.....this morning doing something stupid she darn near tore the passenger door off my 95 Cherokee that she has been driving.....

good news is i have been kinda wanting to pull the engine out of the Cherokee and putting it into my 77 CJ5 so i dont have to keep messing with the temperamental carb'ed engine thats in it...

looks like Kate will be walking to work the rest of the summer.....

Live and learn eh ;) glad you found the silver lining.

ooo.. geez. I dread the day. Mine is only 3.5. Woke up this morning to magic marker all over EVERYTHING!!

its why she was given the $2,000 Cherokee and not my $45,000 truck......now she gets the $500 car if i can get the beast started :D

she is also not touching my 77 CJ......course it doesnt have power steering so she doesnt want to drive it.....

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

estimate to fix $2750.....think its worth bout $2,000

CJ? Jeep?

yeah my daughter has been driving my 1995 Jeep Cherokee and i also have a 1977 Jeep CJ5....

CJ5.. that's what I figured, but wasn't sure.

the 4.0L I6 in the Cherokee is more or less just the 4.2L I6 thats in the CJ with fuel injection and the other modern electrical stuff from the mid-90's.....infact i can pull the head off the 4.0L and bolt it onto the 4.2L with only minor headaches.....basically when new the 4.0L of the Cherokee made bout 190hp, the CJ's 4.2L made 110hp......so with some modifications wouldnt be hard to get double the horsepower over the current engine in the CJ....

okay.. now your speaking French. I think I understood 4 words of what you just said. :rolleyes:

lol basically though there is 18 years difference between the two engines i can swap one for the other, just with all the modern stuff of the newer one it has almost twice the power.....

Don't mean to stereotype but my son hasn't given me worries driving yet at 17. Either it's girls or he has been able to hide things better than most ! On the topic though my next vehicle is gonna be a CJ. I love our Liberty for her. Once my S-10 gives up the ghost, which is proportional to the amount of black duct tape I can apply, I'm getting a regular jeep.

well we all know men are better drivers......:)

want an M715 to go with my CJ......both a normal Jeep and a 5/4 ton Jeep truck with canvas top and fold down windshield :D make a nice beater work truck for close to home....

my CJ5
Untitled-1.jpg

and an example of a M715, this one is fully restored but i want a functional beater....
id_m715_brandt_03a.jpg

I've had absolutely no problems with driving, though all of the drivers I've had to dodge were women. Someone darts out in front of me, and they are never men.
I'm ashamed. :<

Well if she is working than maybe she can save up some money and buy herself a cheap beater Honda Accord, or some other vehicle which would get 25-30 + mpg.

:)

As much fun as the M715 would be, or my dad's WWII Willy's, I was leaning towards a CJ !

I like jeeps, but they get awful gas mileage from what I hear.

My jeep got surprisingly good gas milage, the in line six cylinder engine is pretty efficient.

I like jeeps, but they get awful gas mileage from what I hear.

they arent a car, the are a 4 wheel drive vehicle and the transfer case that splits power between the front and rear axles robs horse power even in two wheel drive and two the axles are usually geared a lil to alot lower than a car to facilitate off roading......

that said other than some of the real low geared axles its not that hard to get 20mpg out of the 4.0L I6......high teens in the 4.2L in the CJ's if you dont gear them to low.....

interesting, they didnt total the XJ and gave me $3500 to fix it or whatever....should have totaled it as im positive it aint worth more than $2500....

thinking i might pick up Kate a beater car for less than that, take the insurance off and mothball the XJ till i decide what im gonna do with the engine, less than 100,000 on it and i could use it in the CJ, really hate to fix it only to have her wreck it again and this time me be out the engine.....

Back