What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I sugdest you prepare yourselves

• Thread starter lol
  • Start date
Oh no, now on top of all my other worries I have asteroids and a giant earthquake to worry about which is gonna kill most of us off
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Oct. 15 2005,5:47)]And yes, the canary islands may wipe out the east coast, if everything happens like they say it might. For that to happen, the eruption would have to break off that entire cliff in a single chunk, which would fall into the ocean and create a gigantoid tsunami.
I thank you for stating something thats scientific for once. I've heard about that (a volcano that has compartments of water between layers of tremor sensitive rock) and if the conditions stated are true then i belive it could happen.

Well I heard if their is an earthquake of a certain magnitude everything left of the San Adreas fault will fall into the ocean and make a huge tsunami.

And then of course I would have beachfront property.
smilie4.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ Oct. 15 2005,5:55)]lol, i know so much because i am an eighth grader who has been moved to collage rank sciences including earth science, bioligy, botanics(trees), chemistry, and i run a school club that takes field trips to geographical sites.  It will kill a Huge chunk (7 outa 10 humans) of life on earth beacause it is to realise toxins in the air and huge amounts of carbon monoxide, if my notes are corect the air curents will move the toxins in three months to eourope north africa, and aisia.
darn... When I was in eighth grade I was playing football with my friends. Looks like were all gonna die. Bummer.

"Well I heard if their is an earthquake of a certain magnitude everything left of the San Adreas fault will fall into the ocean and make a huge tsunami."

If I'm not mistaken the San Andreas fault is not as deep as the continental crust is thick, so therefore nothing in California can break off and fall into the ocean. I also believe that the land on the west side of the fault is moving northward, so if anything it would float north in the pacific and destroy Vancouver. I'd actually like to participate more in this discussion, but alas the fateful day(s) approach so I must get my sneakers on, make a batch of grape kool-aid, consult with the ghost of Jeanne Dixon, and wait for the mothership to come and pick me up.

"Oh no, now on top of all my other worries I have asteroids and a giant earthquake to worry about which is gonna kill most of us off"
Oh and you forgot about the killer flu which will kill millions and million of people.

"Well I heard if their is an earthquake of a certain magnitude everything left of the San Adreas fault will fall into the ocean and make a huge tsunami."
Didn't you ever see the original superman?

-Jeremiah-

Land on the west side of the San Andreas fault is moving north, relative to the North American plate.  As continental crust, it won't be subducted beneath the continent further north, which is the fate of oceanic crust.  I suppose it'll help form a mountain range.  By the way, my metaphysical sources tell me Los Angeles will pass San Francisco on its journey on the 15, 16, or 17th.  Of which month or year, my sources will not say.

Long after that, shells from southern California beaches might be exposed on the peaks of Alaskan mountains not yet formed.  Maybe our distant descendents will think they're proof of a global flood sent to punish us long departed sinners.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ Oct. 15 2005,8:30)]"Oh no, now on top of all my other worries I have asteroids and a giant earthquake to worry about which is gonna kill most of us off"
Oh and you forgot about the killer flu which will kill  millions and million of people.

Didn't you ever see the original superman?

-Jeremiah-
yup and the flu, and bird flu which will apparently mutate with regular flu to make superflu, and terrorist suicide bombers.....
confused.gif

It's superflu, AE! *sneezes*

Whoah! A 4.9 just hit us here in san diego. Man, I jumped out of my bed, wondering how big it was going to be. Thing went boom, then strongly shoook my bed and plant cage. It was short though, and felt like it was only one wave. I just really hope this isn't a prelude to a stronger quake, which it could be. I also heard on the news that Japan had a scare with a 5.0 earthquake.

And a 6.6 earthquake struck just north of Taiwan on the 15th.

spooky~ a 4.something struck off the coast of california!!!

you were right, i was wrong. that's spooky1

And on any given day there are hundreds of earthquakes worldwide, along with floods, tornados, hurricanes, forest fires, volcanic eruptions, blizzards, droughts, sand storms, and disease outbreaks. If I had to spend every waking minute "preparing" for these or worrying about the "end of mankind" what would be the sense of living? I've noticed there are an awful lot of younger people on the forum who are always in the gloom and doom mode. Here is some unsolicited advice...stop being concerned with every problem on the planet (disasters, overpopulation, invasive species, politicians, etc.). There is nothing you can do about most of it, and if you're like this as teens how are you ever going to make it through the next 60 years without going insane? Just my perspective.... feel free to ignore it but remember you heard it from me when "they" lock you up in the looney bin later in life.

ok south n.y. has had the wierdest weather, first it was blazing hot in the end of september for a week(never im my life has a september been that hot!) then it was rainy and stormy for the past two weeks YES TWO WEEKs!
now its warm and EXTEMELY WINDY! three trees, white oak a norway maple and a weeping willow to be exact, have fallen down on my streat thats half the trees, SOS !
confused.gif

Look, I'm not the one saying that the world is coming to an end. I personally believe it wont. The purpose of predictions and prophecies and such is so that we can change our actions, and hopefuly make what could become a bad situation, not so bad. Preparedness and prevention is something that America just isn't too keen on, when preparedness and prevention are the best solutions to any problem. If it's a natural disaster, then fine, there is nothing we can do to stop it. But certainly we can always take steps to help keep us and our families safe in the event of a crisis. This guy Dr. Turi uses some amazing techniques, and has the best track record I've seen in modern days. You can call the japan quake, the taiwan quake, and even the san diego quake all hits if you want, or not. The point is that major earthquakes of 4.5 or higher that can be felt or cause damage are not all that common. I track the earthquakes in california every few days, and we only get like one 4.5 or higher every couple of months through the whole state. It is not very often that a foreign earthquake will make the news like japan's did. Sure, I could predict a strong quake this year, but there is no way in hell that you are going to predict the same thing down to a single day. That's just improbable, and after 6 or so times of such predictions, it aint no coincidence! Like I said, this guy predicted the tsunami last year, katrina, rita, the pakistan quake, this weekend's quakes and a host of other events. Next on his time line would be something like a hurricane around the 22, 23, 24. He made that prediction before october even started, and now look. A tropical storm is headed to the u.s. , and will most likely strike us at that time!

Oct 5/6/7: Dramatic news involving more death and/or a police announcement.

Result - CNN - 10/06/05:New York police chief Raymond Kelly and Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the threat was specific and related to the next few days.
Result - CNN 10/07/05 - Death toll in Asia earthquake nears 31,000.
Result -CNN 10/07/05 - Guatemala slide toll may hit 1,400 - Mayan village likely to be declared a mass grave

Oct 15/16/17: Earthquakes/ volcanoes / tornadoes/ oil and Natalee Holloway
Oct 22/23/24:A return of a weather-related event such as Katrina/Rita which will force thousands to evacuate.

weird... next thing you know all the Christians will disappear!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buster1 @ Oct. 16 2005,6:21)]I've noticed there are an awful lot of younger people on the forum who are always in the gloom and doom mode.
Technically the media that people have grown up with is committing "acts of terror" on a daily basis.

"Tonight, after House, find out about the real life illness that nobody is talking about, but threatens to put you and your family in extreme danger! Tune in for, 'The Silent Killer'..."

Of course you're going to have to increase their ratings in exchange for finding out what it is...

Sometimes I wonder if we really do live in a different world from the one where people always left their doors unlocked, or if we just think we do.

So what is the Natalee Holloway thing on the 15-17 of October - she disappeared in May? What is he predicting that she is still missing? I would also consider a 4.5 or higher magnitude earthquake in California every couple of months as very frequent. Having lived through the 4 hurricanes that hit Florida last year, where was DR. Turi and his predictions then? Or was 2004 a slow year for him? And could you possibly elaborate on these amazing techniques and why nobody else is apparently using them?

I don't think he was doing his thing back in early 2004, or I just didn't hear his predictions then. Obviously, he is not strongly affiliated with the mainstream media, and coasttocoast has been my only means of hearing him. I believe on the 14th or 15th, the police decided to re-open the investigation with those boys who were suspected of killing her. That would be a hit. I don't care if a 4.5 every couple of months is frequent, you are still not going to predict one, and get it right down to a 3 day period. That's it, there is no argument against the point. Dr. Turi apparently uses much of the same techniques that nastrodamus used, and I think he also uses computers too. Not sure. Here is his website- http://www.drturi.com/home.php

Here are some tables from the USGS with earthquake frequencies - http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html.

If I didn't botch the addition & division, the US averaged more than one earthquake per day of magnitude 4.0 or greater during the 5 3/4 years of that table.  Notice that the planet averages a magnitude 6.0 or greater earthquake almost every two days.  I don't think the guy is ignorant for predicting them, but I wonder about the people he impresses.

Back