What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a philosopher! Postmodern/Postmodernism

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey guys. WHAT is Postmodernism in a philisophical (not artistic) sense? I keep hearing the word and I've been researching for an hour and I can't figure out what it's supposed to be ,or is it one of those deals where it is whatever you want it to be?

I really shouldn't be answering this question :p but I think modernism was all about the idea that we can keep making progress and eventually end up with a more or less perfect society. Postmodernism seems to our struggle to come to terms with that, and to find meaning in life in spite of our failure.

Peter

Yeah, I read those wiki entires like 3 days ago.. and I just read them again.. and I still dont have a clue what it is lmao. It's like they go on and on and on about nothing and never answer my question lmao.

I think that's the whole point - to go on about nothing and go nowhere ;)

Nothing is new under the sun. Hence we have postmodernism :-))

WHAT?! Lol,

Aint that when women get depressed and crazy after having a baby? :crazy:

Same thing.

Ozzy, your glib! You're so glib Ozzy, you don't even ...your glib! If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Ozzy, okay? That's what I've done. Then you go and you say where's-- where's the medical test? Where's the blood test that says how much nietzsche you're supposed to get?

FREE XENU!

What does glib mean?

It means little though or preparation. You're glib man!

When you are ready to ascend into a higher plane of existence and free yourself from thetans, let me know and then we'll talk. Until then, you're glib!

It means little though or preparation. You're glib man!

When you are ready to ascend into a higher plane of existence and free yourself from thetans, let me know and then we'll talk. Until then, you're glib!

what did we say about those antihistamines? :nono: Or scientology for that matter??

Lmao haha. It was a joke about tom cruise and matt lauer

Back