What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love Utric weeds when you get new plants! U. bisquamata and possibly U. reniformis!

• Thread starter Odysseus
  • Start date
My two Winter Australian sundews have come from their original home with some Utrics in them. The ramellosa has what appears to be a reniformis kidney shaped leaf. I will know when it flowers. :D

And the D. hookeri utric finally flowered and appears to be a U. bisquamata! Pretty little guys!

Utric.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to take out 4 plugs from the hookeri and pot them up and get some dedicated pots of U. bisquamata going. Looking forward to it! :D

why dont i ever get hamata or edwardsiana weeds in with my ventricosa pot tho :0o::poke:

Do you have a picture of that kidney leaf?

Do you have a picture of that kidney leaf?

Yeah here you go! I have to say, the newest leaf has me wondering now though...it is split filly and looks like another kind of plant. But it might just be my inexperience with most utrics talking.

UtricPossibly_2.jpg

UtricPossibly_1.jpg

What do you think?

Gorges little flower. Some people don't keep Utric because they worry about the invasion. I just keep mine on a lower shelf under all my other plants and love when they flower for me.

I don't think that's a Utric, just some sort of weed. Perhaps even a fern?

I don't think that's a Utric, just some sort of weed. Perhaps even a fern?

It looks very close to my U. Calycifida and a few others. It's no weed or fern. Definitely a Utric.

Yeah, sadly, that is not reniformis or any other kind of utric. Probably some kind of fern.

That's enough votes for me. Weeding the fern/invader out. :D

I was thinking of its potential as a Utric until that last leaf...when I went to take a new picture of it that leaf was new and a give away.

I HAVE a U. reniformis that other than a need for some orthene is doing really well. I can't wait to see it flower someday. So I am happy to have THAT reniformis at least. I can get some plugs of Utrics someday when people are sharing or selling. :)

At least that bisquamata is looking good. :D The plugs repotted will be fun to watch and as someone pointed out wisely, keep on a different shelf than my main plants. :)

Thanks all! Loving the help!

Last edited:
Keep it!

Yes i was going to say fern, but i wouldn't pull it! Just keep it petite with regular trimming

Back