What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope this isnt a stupid question...

Is that normal for an air conditioner?
I heard you could also do that with some refridgeration units sometimes
well
I dont really know or not!
-DJC

The more humid it is, the more water comes out. And it's perfectly safe to use on the CP's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chefdjc91 @ Aug. 10 2006,5:48)]haha, wow, that is a cool idea with the garbage bag
how do I "stage it"
LOL! PASTA! thats a great idea too

I am never going to collect snow--I took lots of samples from around where I live and it was VERY DIRTY--have you ever looked at melted snow through a clear plastic bag or aquarium, you can see lots of dirty particles floating in it!
(Or maybe, Im just crazy and snow is clean)
(I will have to try it again this winter)

thanks to all
-DJC
i agree snow is very dirty...

Not if it snows into the barrel.
smile_m_32.gif

-Ben

wait what?
Last year when it snowed in Missouri I took some snowflakes as they were falling and melted them in a petri dish. I then looked at them under a microscope!
(there were large amounts of black stuff present)

Or, maybe the snow was mutated and I am crazy

(like I said before, I will have to try this this year when it snows here)
(which wont be for a LONG time)

I live in the Buffalo, NY area. It snows a lot up here. Don't get hung up about the snow in Missouri. Just set up plastic trash barrels anywhere it's likely to accumulate.

..Not much snow in Missouri in the winter months nowadays
*sigh*
I blame global warming

You're in the South! You get lots of heat, humidity, and bugs - but very little snow!

more like slushies
smile.gif

wait, missouri = in the middle
well it used to snow A LOT when I was little
but maybe I could collect it then melt it and then distil it in a microwave or something

since we live in the very humid regions of Florida so we have a dehumidifyer in our house. It gets filled up about every day with about 2 gallons of water from our humid house and I use it to top Water many of my plant daily or just fill up their trays. But it is very usefull.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chefdjc91 @ Aug. 12 2006,11:54)]wait, missouri = in the middle
well it used to snow A LOT when I was little
but maybe I could collect it then melt it and then distil it in a microwave or something
Microwaves don't really distill...

Back