What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I heart Oprah!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
i just wanted you guys to know the AMAZING thing Oprah did, she's donating 40 MILLION dollars to the children of Africa!

I loved her before but now i REALLY love her!

ok Now the thing is who did she donate it too, and is that funds really going to get to the children? Its one thing to through money at a problem to feel good about yourself, but its another things to have it accualy get to the children. There is just tons of money tossed to the "children" of africa that never makes it there. The food that is suposed to get to the children gets intercepted by the warlords and nothing ever gets fixxed. Its a good jesture, but I duno if its will do any good. To much jenicide there. The warlords don't give a crap about the children and will take that money to finance their domination of africa.

i dunno, she said it was an investment.

Oprah is a bright person...I think she would investigate organizations THOROUGHLY before flinging a "measley" 40Mil to someone.

I wish I had money...there are a lot of things I'd to donate to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wish I had money...there are a lot of things I'd to donate to

How about the Dave Schloat CP Fund?

What about the "Get Pak a fulltime electrcian" fund?

--------
mad.gif

Oprah's opening an all-girls school. Whats up with that? i'm really dissapointed in Oprah.

doesn't anyone give two-poops about the boys?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 25 2006,8:57)]doesn't anyone give two-poops about the boys?
Not as far as I can tell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Aug. 25 2006,9:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 25 2006,8:57)]doesn't anyone give two-poops about the boys?
Not as far as I can tell.
well i go to an all male catholic highschool... and there are several all girls catholic hischools around here.

[b said:
Which is why I don't watch that show
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Aug. 25 2006,10:14)]well i go to an all male catholic highschool...
i'm sorry, really i am...

lmao, i'm just messing with you alex

Girls don't have the same access to education in lots of places and are raised to be deferential to boys. So starting a girls-only school in such a place makes sense. But it's a lot easier to come up with money to start a school than to sustain one. Much greater photo op potential.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Girls don't have the same access to education in lots of places and are raised to be deferential to boys.

What's wrong with that. That's the way it's suppose to be.

Look, I know that's the right way too, but I can't say it out loud around here. My wife and daughter would kill me. OK?

I'll say it. After so many insertions, my foot goes right in my mouth without even a problem.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'll say it. After so many insertions, my foot goes right in my mouth without even a problem.

Ain't that the truth.
smile_n_32.gif

Mind you, she does earn $1.8million per episode so I think I'd feel guilty not giving some of that to charity if I earnt it!

Some people just have more money than they know what to do with.
smile_l_32.gif

If I had just one tenth of her money, I would be set. LMAO

Back