What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i hate idiots.....

I agree on your German views, speech is way powerful. But Germany perhaps imposed it for leverage options, to show the new world they are working on being deserving. Having such rule against nazi speech vs their crimes in WW2 does justify their speech clamp in some shades.

Philippines can be frightening, last time i went bout a month after 9/11 i walked around local malls and talked to fully armed soldiers replacing the malls as security guards for the high alert was announced. Currently there are about 15 different factions ever bended in war against the government...why? cause we support US policy and democracy while the other party want to create an independent southern Phil Musilim state free from current regimes. when i was 12 they had 1 which was called "abusayaf" now they got about 20 scattering even into northern more advanced cities dwell. It can be a blood bath like Palestine and Israel, we have a share of suicide bombings, massacres, and kids as young as 5 -7 in the jungles convinced in blowing up gov tanks in real combat it gets buck wild , in the real ghettos guns are in use, but machetes are more common i never seen any one swinging with machetes here in SD ghetto really, it's like anime samurai wars in real life, seriously not for the faint of heart. LOL and some call Filipinos 'fobs" heheheh yeah come down and see how fobs battle :p

was not trying to make light of that sort of stuff......

mainly was trying to get at was as soon as you start making exceptions to the basic rights just cause you open the gate down a bad road.....we may have alot of circus performance in our media and sure it looks bad at times to the rest of the world.....but in the end that circus is largely responsible for actually keeping us on an even keel cause it brings stuff into the spotlight.....makes it difficult for the wrong ppl to hide stuff....

this is largely why it appalls me that Obama thinks he can hide his basic records.....i live in the middle of nowhere and had to produce my birth cert 6 times in the last 3 years since he refused to produce his.....i dont get to apply for a job and then say "trust me" i have the degree i say i do and got the grades i say i did and all that....if i have to produce them, there is no reason he gets to hide his....in the end he started this as a private citizen like me.....if i dont get to hide mine, he dont get to hide his....

IMO this is a calculated diversion to some of the other goings ons. This is classic divide an conquer.

There are far more important and dire things going on in this country than a missing birth certificate. Yet the media seems to want to focus on the most trivial and irrelevant things known to man. One of the reasons I have all but stopped listening to corporate media altogether. They are becoming obsolete, if not already. I'd rather hear my neighbors take on why we are in Libya than some teleprompters take on it.

ah i gotcha, i just had flashbacks :p
at least you know where you certificate is i don't even know where mine is anymore hahahaha

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

IMO this is a calculated diversion to some of the other goings ons.

There are far more important and dire things going on in this country than a missing birth certificate. Yet the media seems to want to focus on the most trivial and irrelevant things known to man. One of the reasons I have all but stopped listening to corporate media altogether. They are becoming obsolete, if not already. I'd rather hear my neighbors take on why we are in Libya than some teleprompters take on it.

it's good business for the media to air circus parades, high ratings specially when the president's the main character:jester:
and corporate America has a quest to wield the world or it sure looks that way

Exactly. Corporate media has evolved into Jerry Springer... NO THANKYOU!!! :)

I just want facts. I can find that elsewhere on the internet and commentary I will get from other average joe's like me.

would have been trivial and irrelevant had he just released it 3 years ago......actually dont think Trump had anything to do with getting it released, just used that as an excuse.....whole lot of polls were showing nearly 40% of ppl no longer believed he was born in the US before Trump got in the picture.....Trump just gave him a easy out.....and like i said i hate Obama but my gut feeling is the BC is perfectly legit......as far as the rest of the records, now its the principle more than the records themselves.....

media is far from obsolete......whole lot of the main stream media though forgot what there job is, aint to pick sides, aint to endorse candidates, aint to spread one side of teh story......there job is to find out just what in the hell is going on.....you want to piss off a real journalist? tell them they need to support a candidate in print.....you can actually watch my wifes blood pressure raise if someone tells her she should do that.....our job aint to support candidates, our job is to document the history of our community, give our readers both sides of the story and to keep governmental affairs out in the open.....its nice when we make money though to while we are at it :D

I didn't say media was obsolete. I said corporate media was obsolete. For all of the reasons you stated.

sorry, reading quickly.........

No problem. It is the small media outlets that people should be flocking to. Or any outlet where there is no agenda.

Nobama '12

For one thing, like any job, you do have to the credentials and certifications in order fulfill the presidency. One of those credentials is that you must be born in the U.S. as a U.S. citizen.

Now if anyone really thinks that Mr. Obama made it through the primaries, made it through the senate, made it through the secret service, the presidential campaign, the election, and into the White House without once producing his Birth Certificate to those allow him to fill that position, then those disbelievers must surely have zero faith in the construct of the Presidency, the obligations of the Executive branch, and indeed no faith in the foundation of our country.

And I'm not even saying that having such lack of faith would be unfounded. However,

It's a matter of principle. Obama did not need to produce his Birth Certificate to the public. It is not required by law, and never has been and most likely never will be. The public is, instead, supposed to have faith that all those processes in which a man most go through in order to become President, have at some point, required that a legitimate Birth Certificate be produced.

Birth Certificate or not, it is absolutely idiotic that the debate even exists in the first place, or that anyone really has given it that much though, especially considering the major world issues that we as a species will need to face in the times ahead.

Also, if you think America looks like a joke on the world stage now, you have no idea what a joke we would look like if we had Trump for president.

I for one, would not embrace it. And neither would the international community.

Regardless, I'm just going to call it right now - Obama will win this next election. Not because I want him to, or because it's what right, but for the same reason Bush got elected the first and second time.

It will just happen.

I think at this point in time it's completely irresponsible to vote for any Republican or Democrat, and I will absolutely not do so in the next election. If a politician is worthy enough to lead this country, at the very least, they should be able to recognize that the two party system is corrupt and broken, and that they should not be a part of them.

That's my biggest issue with Ron Paul. I like the guy, except for his terrible environmental policies, but he also has yet to disown himself from the Republican party, which in my opinion, he needs to do in order for me to really think about giving him my vote. And that doesn't mean going Tea Party, because the Tea Party is really a huge joke and more or less just a branch of extremists Republicans.

If there was a 'Like' button, I'd totally like Dex's post.
It's like, he lives in my head and knows what I think about stuff, but says it way more intelligently and eloquently than I ever could.
So uh... *2nd's what he said*

If only as many had shown this level of suspicion to Iraq having WMD's and were about to use them.

Thousands of our sons and daughters may still be alive today.
What a shame we get so distracted so easily when so much truly needs our attention and diligence.

actually Dex if yah want to get down to it, if Obama wasnt elected to the presidents position there is enough stuff in his past that there is no way he could have gained the higher security clearances in the government.....not saying that is a reason in itself to not allow someone to be allowed to become president cause there is some real odd stuff that will keep you from getting it.....

there is nothing wrong with the public demanding proof......infact its a right inherent in our system.....ive had sheriffs candidates produce confidential service records to prove someone was lying about them to prove to the media they did what they said they did....asking for a BC and college records is really far from crossing any unrealistic line with a political candidate and is something 99.9% have zero problems producing on demand......

You know what i also dislike ediots! ;)

guess i should also note i absolutely do not think he is a manchurian candidate......i think he is an arrogant Chicago politician with a sketchy past that really aint used to his actions being questioned.....i think his birth cert is completely legit and figured as much even when he hid it, do think interesting things will show up on his college stuff cause im guessing he fudged some stuff to work the system cause that would fit with his psych profile of a highly arrogant and narcissistic individual......could very well be nothing there that will change his eligibility for president but there is definitely stuff in the college records he thinks will be embarrassing as hell if let out....

he hid the birth certificate cause he thought he ought to have the power to......he hid the college stuff cause there is something there he doesnt want out......maybe some stupid lil thing but there is something there he wants buried.....

I think at this point in time it's completely irresponsible to vote for any Republican or Democrat, and I will absolutely not do so in the next election. If a politician is worthy enough to lead this country, at the very least, they should be able to recognize that the two party system is corrupt and broken, and that they should not be a part of them.
Many people use this 'excuse' or some version of it to opt-out of voting. While this is obviously their (& your) right & prerogative, I feel that your logic is flawed on several counts (& to clarify online would take far more typing prowess than I possess - sorry). By refusing to vote, you are providing more & more power to special interest groups. As flawed as some things are currently, continuing to give some of these idiots even more power will not fix anything and create far more issues than we are dealing with currently...

he hid the birth certificate cause he thought he ought to have the power to.....
Not producing a BC doesn't strike me as the same thing as 'hiding' it. From the small amount I've read on this issue, the state of Hawaii has a policy of not providing photocopies to 'anyone'. When a BC is required, they provide a computer-generated substitute. To resolve this issue, the Prez wrote a letter and requested an exception. They complied but said they would not do it again...

for me with a politician, not producing it = hiding it......he could have put the rumors to rest years ago, by not doing so is hiding it....

Back