What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't wait any longer!

Ok last week, around July 17, I placed an order of 3 pots of VFTs from bugbitingplants.com . They sent me a confirmation saying that it will take 7-10 days OR MORE to deliver. Its July 27 today, and I know its 7-10 business days, but I just can't wait any longer! Argh.

Sorry just wanted to rant.

Thats what we are hear for, to look at pictures, and to wait for youre plants and talk to us.

Kind of like a suport line....

Well I know. I'm glad I found u guys.
smile.gif

They're here! I came home from work, and there's my three VFTs. Not in good shape at all, wish me luck! I will post pics tomorrow.

Exotic Gardens, a sponsor of this site, is an excellent source of VFTs. They are healthy and well taken care of.

www.exoticgardens.com

That's what you get for living in a continent sized country
smile_n_32.gif
smile.gif

lol Never thought of it that way. Maybe in the US, states should become their own country. Then we'd know what its like to be able drive through several countries in a day.
biggrin.gif

PlantAKiss: Thanks for the site. I checked it out and they only sell flowers and gifts?

Alvin Meister: So true ;) I need to practice a little patience ...

Anyhoo, I posted pics of my VFTs here.

lol PAK, i can spend 8 hours on the interstate doing 75 and not leave Montana
smile_n_32.gif

our main problem is that the post office likes to delay stuff. being that i live close to the middle of nowhere in Outer Montana ive learned to just sit and wait
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Not in good shape at all, wish me luck!

Looked at your pics, and the plants look fine to me! Give them a chance to settle in, and they'll be spectacular.

I was looking at some of the blackened traps when I said they weren't in good shape, but after taking them out of the packaging and placing them in a tray of RO water, they started to perk up.

WE really do need to squeeze out States together more. I remember when Phil Mann stayed with me in the 80's he was shattered that he wouldn't be able to visit all his friends as he had hoped, things are very cozy in OZ too!

I think the post office here is run by sadists. With priority mail it's (should be) three days for delivery. Now, if they can be that efficient for the price what is the difference with First class postage?
confused.gif
I guess my tax dollars aren't enough to gurantee efficiency....if I want that I have to pay...again. Still, for small orders the difference in cost is negligable, so orders should always be sent priority. Anyways, I am glad you finally got your plants. It's always worrisome shipping/receiving live things especially when the postal service seems to delight in delay and mutilation (all this assuming the plants were posted in a timely manner, which is never very likely either!!!)

Patience is essential in this hobby... Wait for plans to arrive... Waiting for a plant to start growing again or kick the bucket... Waiting to see if your seeds will sprout... lol

Glad that your package arrived; waiting for new plants is never easy!

HAH, early this week I placed an order of CPs (Sarracenias and Droseras) from Sarracenia Northwest and I'm waiting ... again!

Ok my order came last evening.

I started a new thread HERE

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vftgrrl @ July 28 2006,11:51)]PlantAKiss: Thanks for the site. I checked it out and they only sell flowers and gifts?

Alvin Meister: So true ;) I need to practice a little patience ...

Anyhoo, I posted pics of my VFTs here.
try petflytrap.com .

PFT.com has always been pretty expedient with their shipment of items and they always seem to send a few extras.

I may an order like a week ago... Stood in stasis forever waiting for them to accept my payment- something that I was worried about because it was my first time using my card (which happens to be my first card- woo!) Finally it just shipped today! Looking forward to getting this Darlingtonia!

Back