What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

howdy

growergray

Just a guy
Hey all,
I'm new to Carnivorous plants. Funny story(or not; you decide):
For christmas, my brother got my sister-in-law(biology teacher) on of those cheap carnivorous creations sets, which in turn hit some swith in my head. Since then I've been doing research like mad(I blew through the savage garden in about a day and a half) and have been sucked in...there's no escape.
Anywho, I've been browsing this forum a bit and decided it was my time to join. So, again I say Howdy!

Welcome, Everyone here is real friendly so don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions. You'll have plenty of CP's in no-time. I've been into them for about four months now and I already have like 20. have fun,

-peace

-Gabe

AND! There are folks in your area you NEED to talk to, and learn from. One is Zack. Works in the Houston area. Second would be Sarracenia Scott. You will find both names on this forum. Click on the name and either Private message them, or, there may be an e-mail address you can use to reach them . I have a direct line to Zack, so that should be no problem. Last, and definitely not least, is the Head grower of the NASC (North American Sarracenia Conservancy) Mike Howlett. I believe he hails from Harris, just north of MY birthplace, Houston. If you get ahold of these folks in particular, you WILL be knee deep in CP before you know what hits ya. The prices are steep though. You just may have to say, "Thank you sooo much for the plants." Hope that is not too high a price!! Good growing!!!!

One last thing, In the Houston arae, you are surrounded by Butterworts, Bladderworts, Sundews, and the famous Pale Pitcher Plants. Mike Howlett runs a biological preserve, and has MANY CP from all over the southeast U.S. on display. Get to it Man! Times a wastin'!!!!!! Time to immerse you in a great addiction!!!!

Last edited:
One last thing, In the Houston arae, you are surrounded by Butterworts, Bladderworts, Sundews, and the famous Pale Pitcher Plants. Mike Howlett runs a biological preserve, and has MANY CP from all over the southeast U.S. on display. Get to it Man! Times a wastin'!!!!!! Time to immerse you in a great addiction!!!!

Why couldn't we all live near Houston??

xvart.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Your gonna have fun here !

Welcome aboard! Glad you decided to jump in. It doesn't take long to get addicted. One plant usually does it. :) Yes, TX is rich with CPers. Mike is HoustonHerp on the forums. Great guy.

Jump in and join the fray. The people here are great. Won't be long before your collection starts growing. I love all CPs but Drosera are my favorites. Most people have a preferred genus.

Happy growing!

Suzanne/PAK

Welcome to TF!

Back