What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to participate in Board Meeting?

• Thread starter Michael
  • Start date
Hi--sometime I'd like to "listen" in on one of the Board meetings, but I'm not sure how to join in. I think I'm missing something--I tried looking through past postings for how to do it--but I couldn't figure it out.   Any chance that directions on how to join in could be pinned?

Curiously, Mike

Hi Mike

I'm sorry you missed the meeting.  That's a good idea about pinning.

We do have the minutes posted in a pinned topic at the top of the forum.  We add the new minutes each month to that one topic so we don't have minutes spread all over the forum. You can do some "catch-up" if you want to read the old minutes.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to the meeting.  And you can participate as much or as little as you want.  Suggestions, ideas and questions are welcome.  You can even vote on issues brought up for voting.

There should be a topic in here on how to join in the meeting.  I'll have to find it and pin it.  Good idea.  
smile.gif

We are currently using an AOL Buddy Chat room because our last meeting venue kept crashing.  The AOL room is stable and we have not had any problems.  The only bad thing is that you must be "invited" in as it is not a public chat room.  So...what you need to do in order to come to the meetings is create either an AOL or AIM screen name.  You can PM or Email me the name and I will add it to my NASC Buddy List.

I set up the room usually around 8:30 (EST)... a little early.  Meeting starts at 8 p.m. Central/9 p.m. EDT. I watch my Buddy list and as I see NASC members log on, I send out the invitation letting you into the room.

We would be happy to have you come.  Let me know if you want to attend and what your screen name is so I can put it in my list.

I'm glad to see you are interested.  
biggrin.gif

Also, if you're interested in keeping up with various topic discussion in between meetings, we have the NASC Annoucement Email List. You can join this email and then you will know issues being discussed between the Board and members. Again, PM or email me if you'd like to be added to the email list. There can at times be a lot of email...depending on what is being discussed. But it will definitely keep you in the loop.

Hi PAK--thank you much for the guide--will try to work on it for the next meeting. Happy Trails, Mike

For anyone else, I've pinned a topic at the top on Meeting procedures. All welcome.
smile.gif

Back