What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Hawaii!

• Thread starter jm82792
  • Start date
Hi my name is Joshua and I am on some other forums like CPUK,
and have been groqing CPs for about 6 monthes and I am always looking for seed trades.

Welcome dude! I'd trade numerous body parts to live in hawaii!

Why ya leaving cpuk? Just wondering.

Yeah, I'm the one who said to get some Darlingtonia!

Hi Joshua, Welcome to my stomping grounds! How're the scorpioides doing?

Wll not leaving but slowing down on the CPUK forum,Well all of my family wants to move there we just have to wait for this Hawaii house to sell.
Here is a 3d tour tell me why it has not sold???
http://hometour360network.com/provider/RTHawaii/chr/Tourviewer_maliu.html
I hate it here because there are no good kids here,have no good friends,most/all of the people arn't nice here,my parents have no friends,
there is nothing to do here other than go to the beach and the only thing
that has keept me busy is researching and growing CPs. The people that come here to live here mostey are here to hide away from everything,but when we where in Oregon for two monthes it was great!
But right when we crossed the Oregon border we got a call that he lost his job so the house fell out of escrow. So now I am stuck in Hawaii waiting for this house to sell! Everyone was nice,wanting to make friends and other things in the neighbor hood there. :grin: We where there for about two monthes and had to move back to the Hawaii house for my dad's work reasons and could not leave my mom alone for a long time with 5 kids. My scorpoides are tiny and slightely stickey and atracting small bugs.

Welcome to TF!

If you're moving to the mainland you should check with the US Department of Agriculture about shipping your plants. They may be confiscated if they don't meet restrictions. Basically live plants in soil is a no-no and certain species or types of fruits are not allowed to leave.

See:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/lpa/pubs/fsheet_faq_notice/notice_hawaii.pdf

and/or call the USDA, APHIS, Plant Protection and Quarantine office at:

Kailua–Kona: (808) 326–1252
Hilo: (808) 933–6931

The reason your house probably isn't selling is because it's either overpriced or in a bad neighborhood (some of the biggest 2 reasons why houses don't sell, I would assume).

Man even if you're in the ghetto in Hawaii, you'd still be in Hawaii!

I guess, but from what he/she described it doesn't sound as good as I would have thought. I mean, bad neighbors would suck. And no friends, even worse.

I've lived in Hawaii. My parents and grand parents are all from Hawaii. It can get old fast. My mom always used to say "It's a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there."

There isn't a whole lot to do especially on the outer islands. Drug usage among school childern and teenagers is a big problem. There's not much economic opportunities and not much money to go around, even less so since all the sugar cane and pineapple crops have moved to Haitti etc. Since Japan's economy took a dump the tourist industry took one also.

Moving property on the north shore of the Big Island is a tough sell because people all want to live around Kona. Even so the property values are probably too high for the locals to afford.

It's a paradise with many drawbacks.

that house is amazing!

my wife and i want to move to hawaii at some point.

Welcome! This is my favorite CP forum out of all the ones I have visited. Sorry to hear about your troubles selling your house. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

xvart.

I've lived in Hawaii. My parents and grand parents are all from Hawaii. It can get old fast. My mom always used to say "It's a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there."

There isn't a whole lot to do especially on the outer islands. Drug usage among school childern and teenagers is a big problem. There's not much economic opportunities and not much money to go around, even less so since all the sugar cane and pineapple crops have moved to Haitti etc. Since Japan's economy took a dump the tourist industry took one also.

Moving property on the north shore of the Big Island is a tough sell because people all want to live around Kona. Even so the property values are probably too high for the locals to afford.

It's a paradise with many drawbacks.

sounds a bit like Hawaii 5 0.

Welcome...Oregon, that sounds awesome! You should so come to Portland ;) It's cool here cause your kinda close to everything. you got the desert to the south, the coast to the west, the mountains to the east and good ol' Canadia to the north. Once you have visited all four, then you become a true Oregonian. I've been growing CP's for about 6 months as well. The temps outside are perfect for Sarrs and VFT's. After my dad fixes the darainage problems in the yard I'm probably going to build a bog garden as well.

Back