What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey singaporeans.....

• Thread starter wezx
  • Start date
thanks...maybe ill buy from kino cause i dont trust internet buying...anyone know anywhere else it is sold at?borders?
thanks...

My Savage Gardens was only $35 from Kino...wow! inflation???

I wouldn't be surprised. Falling Sing dollar and all of that.

i went to red hill market because its close to where i play badminton...i bought a nepenthes for $4(i bargained) the pitchers are about 2inches long and i also bought a aloe vera for $3...i also went to the other FEF beside Mcdonalds ...they said that they are going to transport CPs from Holand tommorow...they sell neps there for $22

Oh it appears the Uncle at Redhill's finally brought in more neps. $4? That's obscene.

I'll go have a look one of these days.

wezx, I'd advise you to repot your nep, as the redhill ones have an alarming tendency to come potted in very heavy peat soil, with lots of fertiliser balls in it. Killed off two of my pitchers before I finally repotted.

i Bought it from an Auntie...all the plant shops there seems to have neps but you have to tell them to bring them first or they wont bring...i think theres no demand...If the soil is bad for the neps then how did the aunties grow them?

Also...i bought some spahgum moss from FEF called "just moss"...is that ok for neps...should i soak in water first?
thanks

im not sure about name of CPs ,i havent studied about the names of the neps yet because i dont have any Cp books yet...it might be atala or something(i dont even know the names of my neps!

sorry

Oh really? I thought only one shop sold them. The soil is good for short-term growth, but over a week or two the plant really deteriorates.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about this "Just Moss".

i think they might have used the right mix because i see perlite on the soil....but theres something im worried about now...i made a cutting and there was black stuff on the insides of the stem of the "parent plant".Is this normal?
thanks!

the plant looks really healthy...when i cut the stem there was some brownish thing...is that normal?thx!

Back