What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! me and my plants pictures of.

Hi I am obviously new to this forum but not to forums or carnivorous plants at all!

I have been growing CP's for more then 5 years. I have had MANY plants. sadly my biggest demise seem to cause me to loose almost all my plant each time I leave and have anyone watch them..but that was in the past before I found "vacation proof" methods hehe!

Here are my plants!

IMG_8636.jpg

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

Hello, welcome to TF! Are the VFTs and the purp in there only for dormancy or you keep 'em there?

Welcome! Nice plants :)

Welcome, I'd love to hear some of your "vacation proof" plant watching tips.

to Capensis: yes I keep them in there. Its allot brighter than it looks. They have been in there for almost one whole year some longer.

to SashaM24:

If you grow in a tank or aquarium take some Popsicle sticks and glue them together as high as you want the water level to be. make two copies of this. Place the biggest bottle that will fit in your tank with out shading the plant or touching the lights. (clear bottle work great for this. like bottled water or liter size sodas).

Successfully kept the plant unattended for two weeks! I also use a timer to control the two florescent hood housing 4 grow bulbs.

Of coarse when I am home I love to hand care for them. they grow much better when I change there water weekly and daily mistings, and feedings of course!

and Thank you very much Trapper7

Welcome to TF! Do you have a Maritime climate where you are? The VFT & S. purpurea would probably do well outside all year long. The one VFT looks a bit rough, so I'm not confident that it could take the change right now. The D. capensis and P. primuliflora are great window sill plants.

I think the VFT is ready for dormancy.
please see my thread on dormancy..

I live on the far northwestern tip of Washington state USA.

Back