What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora

Of course it's nice.
tounge.gif
All Heliamphora are nice (for the exception of dead ones). The more I see it the more I can't wait to get it in the mail. It's so hard waiting for them.

Wes

Yes, my plant is a H. Heterodoxa x Nutans. Sorry I didn't post that in the original message. I hope to get an updated photo today. As of 9:53AM EST, my host is offline.

See later Nick.
wink.gif
One more day and my plants are going to put in the mail! I can hardly wait. I just don't want to forget about sending my trade tomorrow.
smile.gif
The suspence is driving me crazy!
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Wes

Ok, as promised an updated photo of my Heliamphora taken at 3PM EST on August 3, 2003:

H_heteroXnutansFirstMaturePitcher.jpg

OOH AHH, it's so pretty. I can't wait till I get mine so I can get a picture of it on the net.
H_heteroXnutansFirstMaturePitcher.jpg
I like your picture so much that I even posted it.

Wes
tounge.gif

great looking heliamphora nick! the one I got from petflytrap 2 years ago is doing great! wasn't very big when it first came, but it got big in a few months
smile.gif

Great so that means they are fast growers! Yea. Spec, how old was it when you got it? Or do you know?

Wes

well the thing is that pft tissue cultures there plants so that it speeds up growth so there is no norm age i think
sad.gif

Hello,
Thats an even nicer pic Nick! Heres a link to my site where you can see mine when I first got it, its alot redder now, no pitchers with nectar spoons yet. Im waiting for it though.

My Webpage
Kevin

Nice pic sarracenialuver. Hey I like all you guy's pics. They are all perfect in their own way.

i tried heliamphoras once before, i got 2 heterodoxa x minors from this site, but i killed them
sad.gif
. i know how, i rotted them, i always had the tray filled with water, and i didnt have the plastic dome over it for enough humidity, i would like to try them again but i canot find them
sad.gif

Stefano1,  </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> i would like to try them again but i canot find them[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>  Hey if mine grows and produces seed or offshutes I'll let you know.  You may have to remind me.  If you want one sooner you can post on the trading forums.  I'd recomend a hybrid though as I've heard they're a little more forgiving.

Hey one of you guys who posted pics, could you possibly post a pic of the Heliamphora's surroundings with it in it? Thanks.

Wes

One has to be very carefull about using the tray method with Heliamphora. Too much time left in standing water will rot the roots. I water mine from the top, and just enough to allow some water to be in the saucer, which is less than 1/4 at any one time.

Heliamphora like to be top watered and enjoy cooler water. Allow some of the water to be sprinkled into the pitchers. No worry about filling the pitchers too full, they have a small slit in the front that allows them to regulate the amount of water in the pitchers.

Wesley,
I keep mine in a highland growchamber, I overhead water it, but drain excess water from the tray.
Kevin

Ok, thanks for the tips.  You guys teamed with the Savage Garden are REALLY helpful.

I think it is soooo cool how this plants have "drainage" systems to keep the water a certain levels and how they are so uniquely adapted to their environments.

a thankful,
 Wes

Nick,
What pot size do you have your heliamphora in, and what type of media? Thanks,
Kevin

Back