What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heli just arrived

Hello, all. I took the plunge and this arrived yesterday. Hope I don't kill it!

1-53_zps4bdbe073.jpg

Cheers,
KPG

Its the plant i want the most since 1 year! Be carefull with yours LoL

I've always wanted a Heliamphora. As Maiden has stated, be careful with it! These are difficult plants.

did this come from the distributor yesterday?

thats the largest pilosa i've seen upon arrival! ou lucked out :D

thats the largest pilosa i've seen upon arrival! ou lucked out :D

+1 very nice specimen.... mine got manhandled by the angry customs agents.
One pitcher and one root survived... slow road back,
1 year later, now got two pitchers.... but no complaints, she is alive and kicking :)

You won the pilosa lottery and you're experienced heli grower, cant wait to see her in all her fuzzyness

Very nice! I'm in the same boat as Av8tor. So what did you get for the other 250 euros? :-O

Very nice! I'm in the same boat as Av8tor. So what did you get for the other 250 euros? :-O

H. exappendiculata (Apacapa T.), Nepenthes clipeata, N. attenboroughii and N. nigra. The N. attenboroughii was almost DOA, so
Andreas will send a replacement. The other Heliamphora looks a bit rough; it has adult pitchers. In hindsight, an immature plant would probably travel better.
As always, Andreas stands behind all his plants, and will replace any losses.

(I've had a few Heliamphora for years. Nepenthes and a few Sarracenia have been my main focus, but Butch's posts have really gotten me excited about trying
more Helis. Plus, my wife and I are moving to a new house, and it has a cool basement where Heliamphora may be happier than in the outdoor greenhouse.

Cheers,
KPG

Hey, how is your pilosa 3 months later ? I have a pilosa on the way, somewhere over the atlantic ocean right now :-D i just CANT wait anymore !
Waiting is really the hardest part..

Hey, how is your pilosa 3 months later ? I have a pilosa on the way, somewhere over the atlantic ocean right now :-D i just CANT wait anymore !
Waiting is really the hardest part..

It's doing fine, thanks. Several new pitchers, but still juvenile.

would love to see a pic when you have the time :)

Back