What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone used Gardner & Bloome Horticultural Sand?

I'm wondering if this sand is okay, it says washed on the back.

IMG_1901_zpstkx2j9mr.jpg

IMG_1903_zpsyhh7h40q.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-17%20at%205.48.41%20PM_zps6xslpcml.png

Last edited:
I use this brand for many of my plants and it seems fine. I like the grain size.

Just make sure you wash it a lot - even though it says that it's washed there's usually a huge amount of brown dust that takes at least 7 or 8 rinses to get out completely.

uh...... no way........... 7-8 rinse is so much.... Thanks though, really appreciate the reply.

It's probably ok with fewer rinses, I'm just paranoid about leaching minerals into the media. :p

Sand is such a hastle, #perliteislife :banana2:

welll, some of my plants prefer sand. I kind don't like sand and perlite LOL.

bucket + sand + water hose = clean as a whistle

Hose it down with pressure until the runoff is clean. Mix it around some to get all of the dirt out.

bucket + sand + water hose = clean as a whistle

Hose it down with pressure until the runoff is clean. Mix it around some to get all of the dirt out.

Severe drought conditions in California. Everybody is expected to cut back water usage.

ya, we stopped watering our lawn. not that it really helps anyway. I mean residential water usage is like a really small % to whole state.

Last edited:
The 150 year long blip on the radar is ending. On a geological time scale California is a much drier place than it has been in our and our parents' lifetimes. Time for a bunch of you folks out there to start moving where the water will support you, and for us as a nation to decentralize our food production.

Last edited:
Back