What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Father's Day!

• Thread starter Jcal
  • Start date

Jcal

Decumbent Fanatic
Wanting to wish everyone a happy Father's Day.

I got the best gift if the world. It's weird how the least expensive gifts end up meaning a lot. Mine came in the form of a little clay print hand. I was so excited that the daycare took the time to make it that I had it framed.

What is your favorite Father's Day gift?

Outback Steakhouse..... and cheesecake!

Got my dad a new pair of house slippers and I don't think I've ever seen him so happy :)

Managing to remember what day Father's Day is on and giving my dad a card x/

Gave my dad a VFT and hand-written care sheet. I'm trying to infect him with the itch. I also offered to take care of it's potting / soil supplies for the indefinite future, and promised him a Royal Red pulling next year if mine gets that far.

Gave my dad a VFT and hand-written care sheet. I'm trying to infect him with the itch. I also offered to take care of it's potting / soil supplies for the indefinite future, and promised him a Royal Red pulling next year if mine gets that far.

Bet you $20 that if you don't end up completely caring for the plant it dies

My pop passed away last april, its a very hard day for me.

I wished a good day to all fathers here !

Francois

Bet you $20 that if you don't end up completely caring for the plant it dies

Actually, my dad is a very responsible person. I have faith that he'll take my instruction to heart, and if the plant dies, it will likely be -my- fault. He made the mistake that many people make the first time, of not doing their research, and treating it like a houseplant, i.e. put it in a bright window and give it tap water, then wonder why it died and chalk it up to it being an "exotic" plant. (Amazing how many people don't realize it's from NC...and we're natives.)

@ Maiden

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't even imagine. It's the bad luck of children that we often outlive our parents. I don't know how I'll hold it together when my Mom passes....I prefer to cross that bridge when I come to it, and not dwell too much on the thought.

Back