What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Half dveloped trap?

Chomp

Oops
I looked at one of the newer traps on a VFT today, and one of them had an almost-full-grown half of the trap, but the other side of the trap wasn't growing at all. What could this mean? Drouts? Floods? The end of the world?!?! Or even worse; The end of all carnivorous plants!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Seriously though, why is this????

Man you have alot of plant issue's
If you would get more lighting i think these issues would decrease. i have seen alot of people tell you you need more light . its hard to make some one listen . you might take their advice

Can you get us a picture?

Nvm. just reread. Change in Enviroment ?

I noticed recently after moving my sundews and Dionaea to a shadier spot to combat the burning CA sun, that Drosera leaves would often come out partially unfurled or somewhat stunted and that VFT traps lasted shorter and sometimes didn't open. The plants were in bright shade. They have been moved back to the sunniest area of our house, and have since thrived again.

I would say that there is a definite lack of light in your terrarium. :nono:

It's because of the lighting. Got it, but I am still working on moving the plants outside. I'm trying to find a big plastic pot for a mini bog.

dont worry about a minibog right now, get the plant what it needs
which is full sun. otherwise your plant will continue to make retarded traps and will slowly die.

I second SirKristoff.

I'm going to be able to get a pot for a mini bog this week, so no worries. but even when i remove the VFTs and everything, I still am going to get some more lights because I still have an adealea in there. :D

Back