What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. collina(Venamo) × H. minor var. pilosa Cerro de la Luna

H. collina(Venamo) × H. minor var. pilosa Cerro de la Luna juvenile pitchers showing some nice colouration.

AH8iltd.jpg

Wow these are absolutely gorgeous.

Those will be stunning when mature. Did you make the cross yourself?

Pretty cool plant carl!

By the way, the name of this mini tepuy is cerro la luna. Cerro de la luna is a well know restaurant.

'De' is a french word, nothing to do with the mountain :)

Those will be stunning when mature. Did you make the cross yourself?

I'm really looking forward to the first mature pitcher to see how colourful and hairy it is. I bought the plant from a German grower.

Pretty cool plant carl!

By the way, the name of this mini tepuy is cerro la luna. Cerro de la luna is a well know restaurant.

'De' is a french word, nothing to do with the mountain :)

Thanks for the advice. I bought it from the grower with that name. I guess it must be a common mistake, as Wikipedia has references to Cerro de la Neblina: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distribution_of_Heliamphora

There is a popular EU CP website that has Heliamphora minor var. pilosa - ´Cerro de la Luna' listed too, so maybe it emanates from there?

Last edited:
The only i know is carniplants. On the page you provide(wiki), you can read cerro la luna. From the french side, its easy to see the misstake, because its a mix of languages and it doesnt make sense.

But i think you touch a point here, its a common misstake.

From what I know, the CLL clone is not yet on the market. This polish nursery sell the plant under the wrong name.

Maybe other growers have more info.

But no matter the location, your plant is amazing. Pilosa hybrids are very rare.

Last edited:
Very nice Carl, do you think it naturally clumps like that or was it cloned in vitro?

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure what is responsible for its habit. Looks like there will be material to divide though when it matures a little.

Seriously carl, i cant wait to see your first new pitcher!

Im pretty sure you will have someting very unique.

Back